Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Diapers in EY?

DevorahMonsey

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 11:33 pm
We'll be in EY for 10 days starting Monday IY"H. I would need to bring approx. 70 diapers to be safe. I know exactly nothing about what diapers are available there. We use Size 6 Huggies Supreme for my son. Can I get these in Yerushalayim? If not, what would be a comparable brand? Where would I have the best luck finding them in the largest size (son weighs 30 lbs, just turning 2 tonight Very Happy )?

Thank you so much! (I need the space in my luggage!)

Pineapple

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 11:43 pm
Happy birthday to your ds!

Sorry cant offer you any help with the diapers

catonmylap

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 11:52 pm
They have size 6 diapers in Israel now too. Any grocery store & pharmacy should carry diapers.

The sizes weren't exactly the same in the lower sizes, but I have no idea what they are now. Check the weight on the packages, not just the size number.

DS's size 4+ go up to 20 kg.

DevorahMonsey

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 11:53 pm
catonmylap wrote:
They have size 6 diapers in Israel now too. Any grocery store & pharmacy should carry diapers.

Thanks -- what brands would you recommend as being "premium"?

lst

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 12:38 am
the huggies here are good.
the israeli brand titulim premium is not bad, tho my kids sensitive skn didnt like the titulim.
we buy pampers here too sometimes,but we find they aren't as good as US pampers
we usually just get huggies

Isramom8

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 12:44 am
There are also Huggies Pull-Ups here, and Huggies Dry Nites (same as Good Nites) - if your son's size is too big for regular diapers, you could maybe use these. Huggies size 5 is here, maybe 6. I don't know; my kids are small and never get past size 4 or 4+.

Marion

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 12:54 am
30lbs. is less than 15kg. He can wear size 4+ (10-16kg) or 5 (13kg+). I use the Baby Sitters, which I've only been successful finding at Rami Levi. Any SuperPharm or regular grocery carries, Pampers and Huggies though, and you CAN get the Huggies Supreme in some as well.

hadasa

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 1:00 am
I find the weight listed on the package doesn't mean much. The diapers are too small long before the child has passed the weight on the package.

Tamiri

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 1:08 am
FWIW, I used to shlep diapers with me, which would last for nearly all of the 6 weeks we would be visiting for. Back then there was more of a baggage allowance (70 lb per bag) and since we were quite a few travellers at a time, it made sense just so we would not have to go out and buy. Also, since I always got the diapers on sale, it was cheaper to bring what I already had in the house.
That having been said, diapers here are just as good as in the U.S. although they don't have all the bells and whistles you can sometimes find on disposables there.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 2:10 am
Don't shlep diapers, you can get regular old huggies here. Buy size 5 to make sure the rise will be big enough, but they should be. My 5yo wore a diaper to bed until very recently, and the size 5 fit her just fine.

fiddle

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 3:55 am
my dd 2yrs is 11 1/2 kilo she wears 5. pampers are best for accommodating little baby bellies. I had a hard time with huggies the tush part was always good but the waist was to tight. I think the 6 pampers sounds about right, it may be a bit on the smaller side bc I think generally regarding sizes, american is one size smaller than israeli. also pampers just came out with a new diaper, gives a little room on the sides. but then again I dont know how you like his diapers to fit. everyone likes them different

e1234

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 4:01 am
I doubt it's worth the price to shlep them.
I like pampers best but usually by cheaper diapers for during the day.

Tamiri

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 4:11 am
e1234 wrote:
I doubt it's worth the price to shlep them.
I like pampers best but usually by cheaper diapers for during the day.
For me, back then (min 10 years ago) it was worth it. I always bought diapers on sale + coupon etc. so the price could not be beat. I don't know what diapers cost here or there these days, so don't know if it's worth it.

DevorahMonsey

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 6:12 am
Thanks everyone! I woke up to so many helpful responses! Tongue Out

I'll just take enough for a few days and we'll keep our eyes open for a big grocery. As long as I can get a familiar brand, he's not too fussy skin-wise, so we'll pick up what we need there.

Can't wait to go -- I haven't been in 10 years (!!!) and this is our kids' first trip!

Gut Shabbos!

mamacita

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 12:45 pm
So exciting that you are going! The sizing is very different between Israel and hte states. I told my mom what size huggies to get for our visit and they ran smaller in the US than in the states (for the same #). Now I know to go by weight! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics