Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Breadcrumb chicken

goodgirl

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:22 pm
I love breadcrumb chicken, but every time I make it it ends up being very dry (especially if its rewarmed and not eaten right away.)
I dip it inot eggs and then into ungars flavored corn flakes crumbs. I dont like dipping it into duck sauce or mustard...
does anyone know why or have any suggestions??
its chicken on the bone and I bake it covered....
thanks!!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:23 pm
You probably bake it or too long or on too high of a temp. Esp. if reheating it, you need to bake it until it's just done.

I used kill my schnitzel every time I made it Now, I make sure to cook it for much less time, and cut into a piece and take out as soon as it's done.

goodgirl

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:28 pm
but I like chicken very well done. I like it to be soft, not chewy rubberish...I think I bake it covered for almost two hours. could it have something to do with the fact that it's made in a pyrex and not a disposable tin??

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:30 pm
2 hours???? That's wwaaayyy too long. And my chicken is fabulous and soft, and moist.

I wouldn't even cook it for 1 hour.

OldYoung

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:32 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
2 hours???? That's wwaaayyy too long. And my chicken is fabulous and soft, and moist.

I wouldn't even cook it for 1 hour.

If it's on the bone then it may need near that amount if it's covered the whole time. What part of the chicken is it? And Mim, I've never quite gotten chicken breast right when I bake it. How do you do it breaded? How high? How long? TIA!

Aidelmom

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:34 pm
yes 2 hours is too long. If it's not in disposable it takes faster as well. I'd say to check it after 45 minutes but I'd bake it uncovered. stick a spoon in the chicken and see if the juices run clear. you can also spread mayo before you do the bread crumbs but I really don't think you need it for bottoms. If you're making tops (chicken breast) than use the mayo and be really careful about overcooking. Hatzlachah.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:35 pm
If it's covered the entire time, doesn't it get wet instead of crispy? Why not just bake uncovered?

I flour, egg and bread crumb cutlets. Bake at 350 until done. I don't know how long, because it depends on the size and thickness of the cutlets - sometimes I cut them small, sometimes, I buy them when they've been cut thin. Just bake for a short time and cut into them, long before you think they should be done and they usu. are. Sometimes, hough yu just hve to put them in for a few more min.

goodgirl

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 3:07 pm
chicken cutlets cook faster than chicken on the bone. I like always covering it, bec uncovering my chicken automatically makes it dry out. should I add water to the pan? I bake on 350

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 3:11 pm
I make it many times and it comes out crispy and moist.

I spray the pan with the oil spray, bread the chicken bottoms with flour(mixed in spices), beaten eggs, and bread crumbs. I put it in the pan upside down and spray more oil. I cover it with silver foil and bake on 425 for an hour and a half.

gamekeeper

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 4:08 pm
par boil the chicken first in a sauce that you like. I like to par boil in rice milk ( the best is coconaut milk but it soooo unhealthy!)

then let it cool, dip in egg then in crumbs. then you can bake till golden.

with schnitzel I just soak the pieces in the parev milk for a while before ready to fry.

Aidelmom

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 2:18 am
I think it drys out because you cook it too long. If you cook it less it will prob be moister.

gamekeeper

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 2:30 am
Aidelmom wrote:
I think it drys out because you cook it too long. If you cook it less it will prob be moister.

you are right but if she ccoks it any shorter it will be raw... thats why it needs to be par boiled before.

Aidelmom

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 2:36 am
gamekeeper wrote:
Aidelmom wrote:

you are right but if she ccoks it any shorter it will be raw... thats why it needs to be par boiled before.

well I disagree - Smile I think it cooks perfectly in way less time -

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, May 09 2009, 11:57 pm
Coat with mayo then breadcrumbs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey