Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Lap band doctor in manhatten

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 6:57 am
I am considering going for a consultation. who is the overall winner based on all you amothers experience. insurance is americhoice.

boruchhashem

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 7:12 am
try nyu surgical weight loss 212-263-3166. hatzlacha.

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 7:23 am
I too had americhoic but after doing extensive research wanted to use the nyu group Drs. Fielding, Ren and Kurian. Only Kurian takes medicaid type insurance and shes great! I used her! I had to change from Americhoice to HIP Family Health Plus to be able to use her. Talk to the pple who help you with your americhoice to switch you. It may take a few weeks for the switch to go into affect, then you make the consult appointment, then you need to see a nutritionist, psychologist and gen dr. and do bloodwork, and when you have all the papers in order, Dr. Kurian's office will submit to ins. for approval. then when you get approved they'll schedule your surgery. You're looking at not before 6 months! You probably need to go to your primary care dr. first to get a referral for Dr. Kurian and his recommendation to do the surgery. Ask your current primary dr. if he takes HIP fhp or else you'll need to find one that does. Hatzlacha rabbah!! FYI I lost 50 lbs. the first year bec. I did it slowly and hope to lose another 30 this year slowly.

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 7:25 am
boruchhashem wrote:
try nyu surgical weight loss 212-263-3166. hatzlacha.

I second this. BTW, it's the same office as kurian et al. I would recommend fielding but that's a personal decision. The entire office staff is awesome and very accomodating.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 7:29 am
Not to be the Debby Downer of the group but have you tried other options??!
Surgery seems extreme...
I urge you to try Overeaters Anonymous...

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 7:38 am
OP here I am only going for a consultation. I have tried many things but have a legit medical reason why I am not losing weight.

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 7:40 am
tried oa and lap band was my option1 highly recommend it!

skymile

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 7:50 am
before you do the band- maybe try to get into the lap-band forum on imamother... but here's another vote for Marina Kurian. she is SOOO nice! I really liked her. the other doctors are ok too (so I hear). It would be a waste of both your time thought to go to her just for a consult. I highly recomend you don't go on a monday. the office is JAMMED then. try doing a consult with your MD or nutritionist before you start the process...

best of luck! you can PM me if you want for advice and stuff...

iamawife

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 7:53 am
I did it by kurian too she is great

amother

Post Wed, May 06 2009, 8:07 am
op here thank you all so much. best of health.

amother

Post Thu, May 14 2009, 11:15 am
keep us posted please' Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise