Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is it possible that a sock is stuck in my washing machine?

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 8:25 am
For the last 2 days, soon after I empty my washing machine, the machine permeates a wet/mildew smell.
Is it possible that a sock or some other small piece of laundry got stuck in between the walls of the machine and the inside drum, and that the smell is coming from the schimmel of that piece of wet laundry?
How can I fix this?

greenfire

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 8:58 am
what kind of machine is it ... a front loader has this issue ... use baking soda through a cycle ...

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 9:00 am
I have a stackable washer dryer. Not a front loader. Maybe I am using the wrong word when I write "drum".

louche

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 9:05 am
Possible, esp. if you tend to overload the machine higher than the basket rim, but it would be more likely that the sock would have been sucked down the tubes and clogged your drain. It could be that the pump isn't working efficiently and is leaving water in the bottom. If the drain hose has slipped down, the pump will not be able to pull up all the water, either.

If you can pull up the drain hose, do so. If not, a service call may be in order. But before calling, try running a wash cycle with baking soda or vinegar and no laundry in the machine. Also call the customer service number for the mfr. and ask them.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 10:56 am
Thanks louche and greenfire!
Yes, I do tend to overload my machine when I am desperate, since I have a tiny machine.
I guess I will start with a baking soda load, and then let you guys know what happens.
Thanks again!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry