Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller

blueyes

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 7:55 am
I really need a new doubel stroller. Right now I have the double maclaren. I'm looking for something different but it has to fit into doorways like the maclaren. Any suggestions?

maidale

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 11:27 am
That's WAAAY to vague. Do you have any idea what the market for double strollers looks like nowadays? You gotta be way more specific than that. What are you looking for in a stroller? What are the features that are important to you? What is not that important? Do you need it for walking or for in and out of the car? air tires? car seat attachment? budget? tandem? side-by-side? reversible seats? bassinet attachment? Figure out what you need, do some internet research? then ask people who have it what their experience is. Good luck!

baschabad

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 12:03 pm
(Did you notice the two of you have the same avatar? LOL )

I would recommend the Phil and Ted's- (the more expensive one). It's thin like a single, is officially a jogger, so has good shocks and everything. The only חתרון that I know of is that it doesn't fold with the second seat put in.

I actually have the BOB duallie and I'm very happy, but we bought it specifically for jogging and it's the best out there for that. It maneuvers easily, fits in most store doors, (the ones I've tried), and does NOT fit in doors to some apartment buildings!!! If side by side or big wheels are a חתרון for you, don't get it. We're only happy with it because we like what it DOES. They do also have a more maneuverable version with 12" tires all around if that's what you're looking for...

maidale

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 12:08 pm
baschabad, I think that the newest phil & teds, the Vibe, DOES fold with the second seat put in. What I personally don't like about this stroller is that the newborn is practically on the floor, really really low, and tandem strollers in general I find that the child in the back can't really look out, but if space is an issue, then definitely go for a tandem.

I noticed the avatar after you pointed it out, but I think there're a few of us with this one. I really need a new one, but have no idea where to get one! any suggestions?

usher

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 12:12 pm
I have an adventure buggy-very similar to mountain buggy. I would definitely get the Phil & Teds if have get another double stroller. Its narrow and wheels easily and seats both kids comfortably vs. Valco w/seat that toddler cannot nap in.

mommee

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 12:18 pm
I also have the BOB duallie-the one with the 12" wheels. I got it because it was a pretty roomy double and it had a car seat attachment. It also pushed the easiest out of absolutely all the doubles that I tried (and I'm one who went down to the store to see them all, fold them all and push them all...). It folds up pretty nicely. The breaks on it are great as well as the rain cover and the hoods and the trays and pockets. . It fits through most doorways (which is deceiving because I always think it's going to be too big and then it ends up going through). There are some very, very narrow doors that it won't fit through, but like I said, it really does fit through most-even if you don't think it will.

maidale

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 12:25 pm
I once had the Valco runabout double (not the single with the toddler seat) and was extremely unhappy. It was really heavy, hard to push, small impractical shopping basket, plus the front wheels got tangled up the whole time. I wouldn't recommend it. My sister has the single with a toddler seat, and it's great as long as you're pushing in a straight line. But once you need to turn, it's a whole maneuver, and heavy like h*ll. wouldn't recommend it either.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 1:53 pm
I started using my mountain buggy double and love it-I had it for months and thought t'was big n bulky but it wheels ez and not so wide.

myfriends715

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 2:00 pm
2 words: city mini

blueyes

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 2:05 pm
I want a side by side like the maclaren, but it just has to fit through doors. I need if for things like taking short walk/stores/malls etc. I'll prob keep it in my car. I saw the phil and ted and im not crazy about the seat in the back. im gonna do some research on the citi mini.

maidale

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 2:10 pm
myfriends715 wrote:

Just curious, does the citi mini get heavy to push with 2 heavier kids inside? What is the difference between pushing 2 kids in the citi mini, or in a stroller with air-tires? (like the city series or elite?)

blueyes

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 2:20 pm
which strollers have air tires?

maidale

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 2:23 pm
blueyes wrote:
which strollers have air tires?

The mountain buggy, babyjogger city series and city elite, valco runabout, many of them do.

blueyes

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 2:50 pm
so would you recommend any of those?

myfriends715

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 3:10 pm
the air tires are a dream to push but are much bulkier if you are going in and out of a car

btw I have a 2007 mountain buggy for sale if you are interested

the city mini is pretty good to push I had a bit of difficulty in the snow but other than that its easy to fold and much lighter than an air tire stroller

Twizzlers

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 4:24 pm
myfriends715 wrote:

ditto.

my kids are 25 lbs and 35 lbs and I dont find it too hard to push. but I never tried a stroller with air tires so I cant compare.

Rosemarie

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 5:21 pm
If you want a Babyjogger City Elite, I have a brand new one to sell. Let me know if you are interested.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics