Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Stains on baby's coat

amother

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 1:40 pm
Was just looking through my coat closet and came across DD's winter coat. I realized I never washed it after this winter season and has a few spots on it. Its also black around the edge of the sleeves (which that's there for a while and has not come out with the washings. I've tried to spray baby oxy clean on it and let it soak but it didn't work)
Anyone have any suggestion how I can get stains out? by now it's probably set in already... dunno Rolling Eyes

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 1:48 pm
amother wrote:
Was just looking through my coat closet and came across DD's winter coat. I realized I never washed it after this winter season and has a few spots on it. Its also black around the edge of the sleeves (which that's there for a while and has not come out with the washings. I've tried to spray baby oxy clean on it and let it soak but it didn't work)
Anyone have any suggestion how I can get stains out? by now it's probably set in already... dunno Rolling Eyes
What material is the coat? Is it a puffy/down coat?
And what color is it?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 1:58 pm
the coat's lining is polyester (spelling?). It's a Baby CZ coat

amother

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 1:58 pm
color is pink

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 2:08 pm
amother wrote:
color is pink
So it's a shiny polyester coat with a filling, right?
I've used something on this type of pink down polyesther snowsuit from the Gap. I don't want to write it here, as you have to be very careful and follow directions or it can ruin the coat.
PM me, and I will tell you how I did it.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 2:21 pm
No it's not a shiny polyester.....it's an expensive coat- it's just teh lining is polyester....??

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
No it's not a shiny polyester.....it's an expensive coat- it's just teh lining is polyester....??

Nope, than I wouldn't use my method then.
Try Nature Bright from Shaklee. Make the entire coat very wet in the bathtub. Make a paste of Nature Bright and warm water. Scrub paste om the stain with a toothbrush. Srub and scrub. Soak it in Nature Bright with water. Then scrub again.
The trick is to get the stain out before putting it into the washing machine.
And if it doesn't work, ask the cleaners if they can help you.
Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 3:01 pm
Thanks for the advice. I do hear people talking about this nature bright- I think I'll buy it and try it!
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry