Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Taking in Siblings/Relative's Kids after Birth

amother

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 2:26 pm
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. What do you normally do after giving birth?

Do you send your kids away or keep them at home? I recently took in kids from siblings who gave birth about 2 weeks apart. I find it so stressful, especially once they start feeling too much at home and start acting worse than your own kids. The kids also get miserable and homesick. I am beginning to think that when the time comes for me to give birth again Iy"h, maybe I should just keep my kids home and hire cleaning or babysitting help. Could be I'm thinking this way because I'm on the other end of the rope. I am curious to hear if anyone has any input on the topic.

Raisin

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 3:39 pm
a lot depends on the age of kid and length of stay. I don't have siblings nearby but even if I did I don't know if I would send out my kids. ideally I would love to have someone come and take the kids at 9am and bring them back for bedtime.

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 3:56 pm
My kids stayed at family for two weeks. They were very very well behaved there and came home very happy. No side effects at all.

Classicookie

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 4:33 pm
I just had a baby and keeped my dd with me she sleeped by my sil one night while I was in the hospital but thats all she goes out everyday but the days were to long so I pick her up now betwwen 1and 2 insed of a friend driving her home at 4:30

ruthla

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 5:25 pm
I can't even imagine sending older kids away after giving birth. They have a new sibling to bond with!

kitov

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 5:45 pm
ruthla wrote:
I can't even imagine sending older kids away after giving birth. They have a new sibling to bond with!

And I can't imagine keeping kids home, I have a new baby to bond with!

With postpartum being what it is, and as much as I truly love my kids, I need some peace and quiet and time to rest. Ours is one noisy, hectic bunch.

B"H, in the past, they all survived. And I got my rest.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 11:43 pm
I come home to them.

cookielady

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 11:47 pm
As proven in other threads on this topic, it's varies greatly depending on ones culture. There are those who will vehemently say kids must be sent away and those that say the total opposite.

I know what I felt was right for my family, but after reading how strongly other women feel, it's clear that it's not a simple right or wrong.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 11:50 pm
cookielady wrote:
As proven in other threads on this topic, it's varies greatly depending on ones culture. There are those who will vehemently say kids must be sent away and those that say the total opposite.

I know what I felt was right for my family, but after reading how strongly other women feel, it's clear that it's not a simple right or wrong.

I agree!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics