Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Who did it first?

myfriends715

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 9:46 am
This question is for mothers of boy/girl twins

which milestones did dd reach first and which did ds?

iy"h I'll post mine later

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 10:26 am
DS did most things before dd - crawling, sitting, walking.

Talking wise ds says "normal" words while dd has her own language

freidasima

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 10:28 am
I have friends with tiplets, two girls and a boy and the girls were faster in everything.

myfriends715

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 10:57 am
my dd is faster in most things.. though ds rolled over from back to stomach first (but couldnt roll back) while dd had been rolling the other way for a while

dd claps, waves (and says) byw bye.. started standing, cruising first

just curious abt. other ppl

tovarena

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 3:48 pm
DD has been ahead of DS on almost all the movement skills - crawling, pulling up, cruising - by maybe a week or two. With turning over and holding her own bottle, she was considerably earlier (maybe 5 or 6 weeks on each). He did sit up unassisted before her and he waves and claps on command now (he's SO proud of himself!) and she doesn't yet.
The expressive/verbal things, DS has been doing first. He was the first to smile, laugh, and start verbalizing.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 12:01 am
interesting thread- how did I miss this one??

Chananiah was first on EVERYTHING for the entire first year. First to smile, roll, crawl, sit up, everything. Now as toddlers, she's the first to wave, the first to say some words, the first to clap, and the first to REALLY try walking by herself. She's also the first to hold her own bottle and sippy cup.

So for the first year him. For the second year, her!

Ima'la

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 5:37 am
Don't know if it's polite for me to butt in, since I'm not part of the forum, but I'm just curious if the twin who is first at everything is the one who was bigger/stronger at birth? Is it related?

tovarena

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 6:30 am
Ima'la wrote:
Don't know if it's polite for me to butt in, since I'm not part of the forum, but I'm just curious if the twin who is first at everything is the one who was bigger/stronger at birth? Is it related?

I'd never thought about that having any correlation but DD was bigger and longer at birth and still is. But since they seem to be sorta splitting the firsts (DS is now starting to walk while DD is barely standing on her own yet), I don't know that that helps any. I'd be interested to see what others' experiences were on this.

mummy-bh

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 5:49 am
Ima'la, your theory is true in my case.
My twins are id girls. The first born was the heavier one, and she is very slightly ahead on the milestones as well. She used to have a more dominant personality too, but that seems to be evening out now.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 8:01 pm
Chananiah was bigger at birth (they were taken out early because of IUGR on her) and he was ahead that whole first year. I'd never thought about the fact that he was bigger and stronger and therefore ahead, I just figured that during that first year, he had fewer special needs than she. Now, they both have special needs but his are actually more severe and he needs more therapy and intervention.

For what it's worth, Reena walked at 20.5 months and Chananiah followed suit very shortly thereafter at 21 months. They're 29 months now (and walking in 2 different directions Smile

QUEENY

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 8:17 pm
My dd came first and since then she has been doing everything before my ds. Ds has more delays than dd also. I heard that it's usually the boys who have more delays than the girls. The girls are ususally stronger.

thatslife

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 8:40 am
this thread is so interesting. my twins r 14 months my ds was advanced in rolling sitting and what not but will not walk he does however walk on his knees. however he is very advanced verbally. my dd took her time in every stage really never craweled and has been walking or should I say running for a while now. verbally however she is just coming out of her shell and starting to say more words. they are huge trouble makers and climb onto things to get onto counters my ds was born first and was a pound bigger than dd.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more