Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Stains on clothes

Leahh

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 9:50 pm
I have 2 shirts with really stubborn stains. I tried shout, lesoil, and oxymagic. Nothing worked so far. Anyone have any other ideas? I searched around a little but didn't find anything helpful. Someone told me easyoff - heard of that? How do I do it? Just spray it on the spot and wash it?
Btw, they are food stains.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 9:52 pm
What color shirts are they?

Leahh

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 9:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:

pastel colors

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:00 pm
Leahh wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

pastel colors
Try Nature Bright.
If the stains are from today, make the clothes very wet, then spray the stains with whatever pretreating detergent you have on hand, and scrub with a cleaning toothbrush very well. Scrub until the stains come out. Then wash right away in the machine as usual.
Make sure to air dry the clothes, and not place them in the dryer (just in case there are still some stains - you don't want the dryer to set them.)
If the stains have already set, the Nature Bright might help.

Leahh

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:04 pm
Where can I get Nature Bright and how much is it?
The stains are not from today but I have washed the shirts in cold water and let them air dry so hot water and dryer are not an issue.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:07 pm
Leahh wrote:
Where can I get Nature Bright and how much is it?
The stains are not from today but I have washed the shirts in cold water and let them air dry so hot water and dryer are not an issue.

You can get the Nature Bright from anyone who sells Shaklee products. It's one of the only products I really like from them.
I think it's about $9?
It comes in powder form. You make a paste with the powder and some warm water. Then you apply it to the stains on the wet clothing. And scrub away. If it doesn't come out right away, you soak it in a basin with water and more Nature Bright. And then scrub again.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:17 pm
actually, the paste should be made with the nature bright plus the liquid laundry from Shaklee. Apply on WET fabric with a brush, let stand then wash in the machine.

Last edited by ShakleeMom on Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

mommyofboys

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:22 pm
Nature Bright is a shaklee product

Leahh

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 10:55 pm
Ok, thanks.
I am in Brooklyn. Can you plz tell me where or who I can get Shaklee products from?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 11:40 pm
Leahh wrote:
Ok, thanks.
I am in Brooklyn. Can you plz tell me where or who I can get Shaklee products from?

Maybe ShakleeMom sells it Wink
There's a hardware store in BP that sells it. I believe it's the one on 16th and 48th. I will double check with my sister and make sure that's the right hardware store.
Btw ShakleeMom, thanks for the tip about mixing the Shaklee detergent with the Nature Brite. I will try it and see if it makes my scrubbing easier.

Barbara

Post Mon, Jun 08 2009, 11:48 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
actually, the paste should be made with the nature bright plus the liquid laundry from Shaklee. Apply on WET fabric with a brush, let stand then wash in the machine.

Great. Now I'm picturing Sarah Jessica Parker scrubbing stains out of shirts while wearing a skin-tight mini skirt and stilletos.

What are the stains? Different stains, different treatments.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 11:02 am
The hardware store that carries the Nature Bright is Preislers, on 16th Ave between 54th and 55th.
They are not always open, so call before. Sorry for the misinformation I gave before.

Btw, the best way to use Nature Bright is to make a mixture (not a paste) with boiling kettle cooked water and the NB. (Be careful, and use gloves.) Place the garment in a basin, pour the mixture over the stain, and then pour more boiling water in the basin to allow the garment to soak for half an hour.
Making a paste that is too concentrated with another detergent, might makes holes in the clothes or bleach/fade it. This coming from my sister, who is the queen of taking out stains and swears by Nature Bright.
Hatzlacha!

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Jun 10 2009, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 2:31 pm
I'm not allowed to solicit customers here.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 2:36 pm
Are they new stains or old? Did you wash the shirts yet? Did you put them in the dryer? If they're old stains and you washed the shirts and put them in the dryer, they might never come out.
I swear by Shout. If that didn't help, I don't know what will...good luck.

Leahh

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 3:52 pm
I bought OxiMagic and soaked the stains for 30 min as per the instructions on the box and it worked! I have a new best friend!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry