Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Seperate utensils for baby?
Previous  1  2

Frum

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 12:41 am
Maybe Marion already answered this question, but how should we regard bottles in which breast milk is kept? As milchig or parve?

EsaEinai

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 1:16 am
Wow, so many responses! Okay, today my mission is designating separate utensils for my dd. And Frum, I'm pretty sure that breastmilk is considered pareve. Thanks for all of the helpful tips!

Marion

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 2:26 am
Yes, according to my LOR, EBM is pareve. If you're more comfortable, ask yours!

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 2:55 am
Yes, I was always told they are parve, but I always washed them up in the milk sink and later I put milk in them (N. was a bit attached to the bottle) so mine are all milky.

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 2:56 am
Yes, I was always told they are parve, but I always washed them up in the milk sink and later I put milk in them (N. was a bit attached to the bottle) so mine are all milky.

ruthla

Post Tue, Jun 16 2009, 10:27 am
I never had special baby utensils. Yeah, I had some spoons that were too small for an adult to use, but other than that we just used regular bowls and plates for baby food. I always washed baby's utensils with the rest of the family's dishes.

When I bought sippy cups, I bought different styles for meat and dairy so I wouldn't get them mixed up. I never offered a bottle at the table so I just kept all the bottles dairy.

If you really want to wash your baby's stuff separate, I'd get 2 baby bottle brushes, in different colors, and designate one for meat and one for dairy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen