Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What was your favorite gift?

sneakermom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 9:40 pm
I am so curious. I need to buy my daughter's teachers a present to show my appreciation at the end of the year. She is finishing fourth grade. I can't afford a lot of money so I prefer to buy an actual gift. Any ideas?

bbmom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 9:56 pm
The best gifts to me are the thank you notes written by the student herself.

What

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 9:58 pm
I agree. A sincere note/letter from you and/or your daughter is beautiful.

sneakermom

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 10:04 pm
I usually give a special letter that I have my daughter write up on paper about all the things that were special about the teacher and what she learned from her. She comes up with the most interesting observations and things that were important to her it is really cute and touching. But I also wanted to include a gift with it too.

sim

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 12:14 pm
Home-baked cookies or cake, or if this isn't okay in your school, some edible treat bought from a reputable bakery/confectioner. I like getting this (as a teacher), and I always give it to my kids' teachers together with a nice note.

Stepmum

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 1:00 pm
I taught the same child for two years, and he was quite challenging - something his mother appreciated. The family did not have alot of money, but I was touched both years, the first when the mother gave us a cheap frame with a note from the 'child' - he decorated it. The second year she gave us a notebook with a pen, and a poem she'd written about how we'd helped her son to flourish, and about our patience, etc. Neither gift was glamourous, neither gift expensive, but they both really showed her appreciation - which I think is the point of the gift - better than an expensive, impersonal gift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics