Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Money saving tips

SV

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 8:33 am
Please share all and any tips on how to be extra frugal. For example coupons you use, or websites with lower prices than actual stores etc.

I don't have much time to shop around for sales but would like to work on spending less without it being too inconvenient.

Seraph

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 8:57 am
http://vibrantmoms.com/blog has lots of tips on how to live frugally.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 9:28 pm
Resale shopping.
I'll think of more. Hatzlacha.

#1cook

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 12:35 am
e-bay has a lot of NWT (new with tag) and NWOT (new with out tag) items that are much cheaper then buying in the stores.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 12:48 am
My first take is NO shopping, unless absolutely necessary. You can only save so much by shopping, even if it's on sale. So make a rule: if you can't make, borrow or get for free something - then, and only then, is it time to bargain shop. You would be amazed at how much you spend while trying to save.

queen

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 2:45 am
Make grocery list and stick to it. Only allow yourself (if you must) one impulse purchase.
Do your best to shop only once a week for groceries.

We go Wed. night in order to shop for Shabbos together with food for rest of week.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 10:31 am
(So how come I never see you, Queen? Wink)

mother2b

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 10:33 am
I would say, Don't just walk down the avenue or walk through a mall if you don't realy need anything. Cause when you see things in windows..... thats where the trouble begins!

Merrymom

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 1:11 am
If someone could tell me how to get cheap phone and internet (high speed cable quality not necessarily FIOS) service that would be great. It cost me $85 for both and only $95 if someone has cable tv. How can it cost only $10 more for tv? I can't help feeling that I'm getting ripped off.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, Jun 24 2009, 3:52 am
Merrymom wrote:
If someone could tell me how to get cheap phone and internet (high speed cable quality not necessarily FIOS) service that would be great. It cost me $85 for both and only $95 if someone has cable tv. How can it cost only $10 more for tv? I can't help feeling that I'm getting ripped off.

Many times, if you call your company and tell them you would like to cancel since they are overpriced, they offer you a different deal. Worth a shot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains