Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Nursing school and having baby- unusual situation and hypoth

amother

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 12:24 am
Background:

Hi- I have my M.A. in education and taught full time for 7 years. My husband B"H does very well and working is optional at this point in our lives. I loved teaching for 6 of those years, and now I am DONE for various reasons I don't want to teach ever again.

I have a toddler and I am due this month, so my husband and I agreed I would take off time and see what I want to do next. I can't not work forever, but we can afford for me to take 3-5 years off.

I have decided to go back to school to become an RN. I have to take 5 prerequisite classes and then actual nursing school will take me about 2 years. This semester I am taking 2 of the prereqs so I figure all the schooling will take me about 4 years. The semester will start when my new baby is a month old IY"H (its only 6 hours a week) and prereqs should be done by the time this new baby is 2 years old or less and done with the whole program when my 2nd child is 4ish.

The question:
I have NEVER been on birth control and require fertility treatment to get pregnant. (Wasn't everything sounding perfect about my life until now? Everyone has their pekel!)

My question is: If you were me at what point would you do treatment for your 3rd baby? I am in my mid-20s so its not a matter of age, figure I have about 10 more years of being able to conceive in me and though both my children are singles the chances of twins I have is high because of the treatment I need.

It's also not a halacha question, because I'm not stopping a pregnancy, but rather choosing when I want to push it again. Fertility treatment takes a lot out of me and is a scheduling nightmare. I am under no obligation to have more children, but I would like at least 3 (4 if twins) I am well aware that doing treatment does not necc. work the first time, but I also know my body and history, and can pretty much "plan" my pregnancies.

If I get pregnant naturally, that would be great and I would take that Bracha whenever it came, but it is not likely.

I think a newborn during nursing school would be very difficult.

If you could plan my next kid- when would be ideal?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 1:01 am
Have DH speak to a Rav.

Also, you never know, pple who were unable to conceive naturally have gotten pregnant without treatment at some point.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 1:01 am
Have DH speak to a Rav.

Also, you never know, pple who were unable to conceive naturally have gotten pregnant without treatment at some point.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics