Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Lasagna Recipes?

muffinsmommy

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:12 am
Can someone please post one?

Thanks!

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:37 am
minced chicken or whole chicken breasts?

muffinsmommy

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:39 am
whole chicken breasts (I was planning on cutting them into small pieces)

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:44 am
What about making chicken 'canollis' - partially cook the lasagna noodles so they're soft and wrap a noodle (or 2) around each breast. Pour sauce over it, cover and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.

muffinsmommy

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:47 am
sounds good - what kind of sauce would you recommend pouring over it? Do you have a recipe for a white sauce?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:52 am
I once made a parve mushroom and 'cream' sauce by using a container of Rich's redi-whip (unwhipped of course).

Do you have Spice and Spirit?

They have a white sauce recipe on page 335, along with half a dozen variations.

muffinsmommy

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 5:56 am
I don't have the Spice and Spirit, but a mushroom sauce is a perfect idea! I suppose I can just buy one of those packaged Osem ones and add sauteed onions and flour to give it more body. Thanks for the great ideas!

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 6:55 am
Oy, please don't bother with the powdered soups.. they're full of not-goodness :)

Saute sliced fresh mushrooms (or canned mushrooms, drained if you can't get fresh) along with minced garlic.

Here is the S&S traditional white sauce recipe:
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup hot liquid
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash of black pepper

Melt marg in saucepan. While bubbling, stir in flour to make a smooth paste. Add the liquid all at once and stir in one direction only. (the liquid is traditionally milk but water, clear broth, nondairy creamer can be used). Cook until sauce begins to boil nd thickens. Lower flame and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Mushroom vatiation: increase margarine to 5 tablespoons. Melt in skillet and saute 1/2 lbs of sliced mushrooms and a small diced onion. Add 5 tablespoons of flour and continue as in basic recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey