Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What to look for in a dishwasher

cheerios

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 11:55 pm
I'm planning to get a dishwasher and I'm wondering what features I should look for. What was most important to you and why?

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 11:58 pm
good hands and a strong back

ss321

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 8:43 am
a "spray arm" that doesn't come up during washing, as that really takes up alot of space from the bottom rack that can be used for stacking dishes!

delicate cycle or top rack only cycle (saves water and isnt as harsh on nice dishes when they just need a bit of cleaning)

if I think of anything else Ill let you know

micki

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 9:17 am
the lower bottom versiion, you can get more in.
don't get one that has any center cones. they take up so much space and you have to be careful not to cover them.

canadamom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 9:19 am
I only wanted one that has a long narrow cutlery holder on the side versus a square one in the center. the long one holds more cutlery and takes up less space.

Kumphort

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 9:56 am
one that u can delay the start, so u r not using all the hot water/have noise while you are up.

I dont know if they make it, but if they have a feature to lock the buttons, so kids cant turn it on

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 10:13 am
Mine is digital but doesn't have any bells and whistles and I'm happen enough with it. I mostly use the Quick Wash, Hot water option anyway.

abismommy

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 10:15 am
merelyme wrote:
If you get one that's stainless steel on the inside you can kasher it, though you'd need new racks. Not sure if this is at all worthwhile.

I'd ask YOUR rav before buying an all-stainless dishwasher under this assumption. Not everyone holds this way.

tovarena

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 12:21 pm
I just bought a new dishwasher about 2 months ago. It's a Bosch SHE45M05UC.
There are two things about it that I love -
The cutlery basket separates into two parts that can be placed in different parts of the lower rack giving plenty of flexibility in loading.
And the partial load setting. It means I can run every night or every other night instead of only running a complete load once a week or so and having to hand wash the kids' dishes every night.

The other thing I found interesting when comparing models is that even with the same external size, the number of place settings a dishwasher can wash at once varies widely (from 10 to 16).

The only thing I seriously dislike about my current dishwasher is the layout of the top rack. My glasses don't seem to really fit in a good, secure way that doesn't take up more room than they really need.

kesher

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 12:39 pm
If I were looking for a new dishwasher I would want the tall tub feature so that larger plates and serving dishes can be put in the middle without the spray arm hitting them.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 12:43 pm
I just saw one in here in Israel that had 2 trays, a top and a bottom, so you could make one milchig and one fleishig. That's the one I would want if I would replace our current one.

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-b......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars