Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Sharing a Cleaning Lady with Your friends

amother

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 2:22 pm
I share a cleaning lady with several friends. It's not working out for me and I wanted some suggestions about how I can get out of using her and not ending my friendships.

Mommy912

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 2:32 pm
Why do you think you will lose the friendship? Especially now, close to Pesach, it is not hard to find someone who wants a cleaning lady for extra hours.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 2:42 pm
Because I don't want her anymore and I am worried my friends will be uspet because if she doesn't have a certain number of hours she will quit everyone.

chen

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 3:14 pm
your friends' expectations are not a good reason to continue with someone you're not happy with, unless you all hired this woman as a group with the understanding that among the three of you (or however many you are) you would guarantee X number of hours. cleaning ladies can practically write their own tickets nowadays, even more so before pesach, when everyone is out looking for help.

furthermore, if someone would break off a friendship because you let your/her cleaning lady go, she's not much of a friend, is she?

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 5:21 pm
Why don't you discuss it with your friends , one of them might know of a replacement for your share , especially now before Pesach.

sheshycoco

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 7:37 pm
I have a friend who fired the same cleaning lady I have, and also the person who had her in the morning, just before me also fired her. it hasn't effected me, and I say if she does quit my day because it isn't long enough, there are plenty other good cleaning women out there.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 8:35 am
Amother - if I'm the friend, I PROMISE I'm not angry at u. Very Happy It's a silly thing to let ruin our friendship. I'm gonna keep her & hope she stays (which I think she will). TTYL

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 11:39 am
Quote:
furthermore, if someone would break off a friendship because you let your/her cleaning lady go, she's not much of a friend, is she?

I agree! Also, you must do whats best for u sometimes, and in this case if she isnt a good cleaning lady for you, I dont think u should keep her...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics