Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Reuse swimming nappies?

lili

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 1:47 pm
can you reuse swimming nappies? like let it dry and use again or will it not absorb again?and do you think it's gross alltogether?
I only use them for a short while in a little paddling pool so I thought maybe I should keep it for next time.
what do you think?

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:20 pm
gross.

pacifier

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:23 pm
if you're just using them for a little paddling pool, you can use regular diapers.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:26 pm
sounds kind of gross ... only you can tell if they're peed up or not ... besides if it's only for you the kid can wear a regular bathing suit and it won't matter cause you have to spill out the water every day ...

Inspired

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:40 pm
Why don 't you just get cloth swim diapers, which are meant to be reused. I think reusing the sposie ones is pretty gross. They most likely have pee in them.
http://greenbabyguide.com/2008.....pers/

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd.....PMTCM

cubbie

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:45 pm
Actually sorry to gross you all out here, but swimming nappies do not absorb pee, that goes straight through into the pool water, it just protects the other swimmers from poop.

Inspired

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:51 pm
cubbie wrote:
Actually sorry to gross you all out here, but swimming nappies do not absorb pee, that goes straight through into the pool water, it just protects the other swimmers from poop.

That is definitely the way cloth ones work. Disposables are slightly more absorbent and don't hold in the poop as well.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:54 pm
dont worry guys I will prob throw them out.....was just wondering what others do.
I dont want to use regular ones cuz they get MASSIVE and he comes in and out (he's not even a year...) but dont want to use his 'swimming costume' out of fear of him making while I'm holding him. so these disposable ones are ideal besides the fact that they cost so much.....it's fine for a swimming day but 20min in the paddling pool...

Inspired

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:56 pm
the grossest type of diaper you could use in a pool is probably a regular disposable. It was not designed to be used in a pool and it is super absorbant of liquid, until it starts to disintegrate and leak pee soaked gel chemical substance into the pool. And poop if the kid poops.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:59 pm
what's a paddling pool - if it's your little backyard pool why can't you put him in naked ... and put a dry diaper on him straight aways when you take him out ...

Inspired

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 2:59 pm
Also the elastic legs on disposable swim diapers stretch out.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 3:01 pm
greenfire wrote:
what's a paddling pool - if it's your little backyard pool why can't you put him in naked ... and put a dry diaper on him straight aways when you take him out ...

a tiny one for my 2 lil kids on our porch. it's too public for him to go naked and he is in and out all the time and I dont fancy holding him without protection.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 3:05 pm
so get a bathing suit ...

amother

Post Sat, Jul 18 2009, 6:13 pm
I live in Eretz Yisroel and take my baby regularly to a pool for therapy. they require us to use both a cloth and disposable swimming diaper. we all reuse our disposable ones, they are VERY expensive. But I have spoken to other moms and some of them wash the disposable ones in the washing machine. Obvioulsy if the baby has a dirty diaper, we throw it out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics