Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What kind of carseat- pardon my ignorance

theotherone

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 5:24 pm
I have a 2 year old and 3 1/2 year old. We have carseats for both of them but I am looking for an extra to have around that they could both use. I am not so familiar with the terminology--convertible vs. booster. What kind of inexpensive product can I buy that would work for both of them? They are both under 40 pounds though the 3 1/2 year old is moving in that direction. Both kids are tall.
thanks in advance.

chocolatemilk

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 6:28 pm
there is the graco nautilus
its a 3 in 1 forward facing carseat, belt positioning booster and a backless booster
I've heard really good things about it but its not so cheap

theotherone

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 5:52 am
I already have a Nautilus. I am looking for an extra--something portable and cheap. thanks!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 6:42 am
An extra portable that is cheap is the Cosco Scenera.
Convertible means it faces backwards and forwards. Booster means it uses a seat buckle instead of a harness. Combination means it uses a front-facing harness and is a belt positioning booster as well.
Your 2 year old can still be rear facing in some car seats (depending on torso length), and neither should be in a booster yet.
Car-seat.org has fabulous forums with expert advice for the best seat for your situation, but if it's a spare seat that might work for both, take a look at the Cosco Scenera. It only goes up to 40 lbs though -- so depending on how many years it will be for your 3.5 year old to fit into it, it's up to you if it's worth it. (~$60)
For under $100 you won't really find much that goes higher than 40 lbs.
Over $100 are some options, not all are very portable.
For $200 you have more options Wink I don't know that you're looking in that range though Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics