Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Assuming this is Purim Schtick Article

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 13 2006, 7:21 am
Quote:
Forum Moderators to be brought to a Din Torah
The Beis Din has ruled that the current explosion of web forums violates the Halachic principle of Hasagas Gvul. With this in mind, they have asked all moderators of Chabad-targeted web forums to appear this coming Wednesday in the offices of the Beis Din, so that a final ruling can be made on which forums will be allowed to remain in existence.
A worker in the Beis Din's office (who wishes to remain anonymous) has confirmed that plans have been made to ensure that the Psak Din is followed. A team of programmers have set up the first such program, dubbed "The Cherem Machine" by the team. It logs IP addresses signed into banned forums, and adds a Cherem signature beneath the text of all outgoing emails.

Our source warned that the Beis Din will take this Cherem pronouncement very seriously, and will not allow any banned persons to sell their Chometz through the Crown Heights Beis Din.

Some members of these forums were approached for comment.

ChabadTalk.com announced that they are not worried about this pronouncement. As one of the very first web forums, they also boast of being the most tochendik of all of the forums. "They'll never shut it down," said Pretzel999. "The moderators have connections."

FrumSpace.com (ED NOTE: A Shmais.com advertiser) seemed unruffled as well. "Half of my members are not even Chabad," said Itzik. Being that he is the moderator, most posters seem to agree with him. PermanentGuest, however, suspects that this is just wishful thinking. "We're too new," he says pessimistically. "I'd better post as much as possible now and then archive the site so I can reread old posts."

The moderators of FrumSupport (ED NOTE: Another Shmais.com advertiser) were concerned. "If we have to ban Chabad members, where will they turn for advice and emotional support? I cannot say how many Lubavitchers post here, as we are anonymous, but rest assured, it is a large number. I will have to request that any Chabad members stage a protest if the Beis Din rules against us."

Yael, the founder of imamother.com, stated that she will not be intimidated. "I have just begun hosting my site on a dedicated server. Thousands of woman from all walks of life rely on us for advice and friendship." She announced a new fundraising effort to produce anti-Cherem-signatures, and secured a statement from the Montreal Beis Din that they will sell the Chometz of any banned individuals.

Hydepark.co.il had very strong words for the proposed Din Torah. Unfortunately, they don't translate well. COL's CEO, who thankfully speaks English, stated on behalf of all of the Hebrew discussions that "Shmais is still Orange! No websites will be disengaged!"

Hashkafa.com, FrumHere.com, and FrumTeens.com responded that they didn't care. Apparently, the small percentage of Lubavitchers which frequent their site is not enough to threaten their web presence.

Shmerel Geitzushmeis, of Balfour, suspects that the Beis Din has different motives. "I don't think it's Hasagas Gvul. They're just mad that so many Crown Heightsers are so addicted that they didn't vote in the last election."

roza

Post Mon, Mar 13 2006, 8:11 am
LOL LOL LOL

hisorerus

Post Mon, Mar 13 2006, 11:00 am
It is a Purim shtick article- I wrote it! Very Happy

chen

Post Mon, Mar 13 2006, 11:22 am
Did you really? That's great!

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 13 2006, 3:49 pm
hisorerus, im impressed!
you should get a job doing these kinds of things!

Ozmom

Post Mon, Mar 13 2006, 3:56 pm
where did u find it defygravity?

hey its me

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 11:02 pm
its on shmais!!

there are lots of them on!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics