Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Another cleaning person issue!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 8:00 pm
So we have a russian Jewish couple that cleans for us. I think they think that we are somewhat obligated to use them because our shul "sponsored" them like 20 years ago. We haven't really been getting along recently which began when I questioned their "policy" of using paper towels (to be supplied by me) to clean the entire house, kitchen, bathrooms, dusting, etc. Most previous cleaning people that I have used have used rags, which I personally think does a better job and is much better for environment. Not to mention the fact that purchasing massive amounts of paper towels to use each week is expensive!

Anyhoo, something really weird happened last week. When I came home I saw that dog hair was tracked all over my bedroom and the hallway. My first thought was, oh they forgot to vaccum our bedroom and the hall. Then I realized that the vaccum must have gone kaput. However, they did not leave a note or call to tell us what happened. They just put the vaccum away as usual. Is this appropriate behavior? I am tempted when the come tomorrow to pretend that I had no idea that the vaccum was broken so that they can explain it to me.

I am also tempted to let them go and go with a cleaning chain like Merry Maids that includes the use of supplies.

youngbubby

Post Sat, Aug 22 2009, 10:56 pm
I use a cleaning service called Broom Hilda..they come when I need them and I can get them a few hours before shabbos. THis way my house is so clean when we go into shabbos. They are no t the best but they do bring all their own cleaning supplies and Im getting to know them..

amother

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 12:08 am
OP here, its been a few weeks since I posted that.

There have been other incidents and this couple is no longer working for us. I found someone else! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry