Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
SURVIVED PURIM

raizy

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 7:17 pm
well ladies pat yourselve on your backs we survived purim . now onto peasach.
LOL Very Happy Sad Tongue Out Wink

I hate purim and every year when it is all done and over with a breath a big sigh of releife. why I dont know. so I want to know who else hates purum.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 7:39 pm
I love purim. sorry.

I hate cleaning. but I love pesach. Smile wish me luck

queen

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 9:06 pm
Raizy-
What do you not like about Purim? Is it the pressure to create a unique MM? Does your dh get drunk and that bothers you?

Our holidays should be something nice to look forward to, although for each of us, the focal point WILL be different.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 9:37 pm
I don't ch"v hate Purim, but I admit that I feel alot of pressure to have the Shalach Monos ready on time, to hear every word of the megillah, to get all the shalach Monos delivered( we do minimal, immediate family, teachers, next door neighbors), to have the money on time to be able to shop to be able to have the Shalach Monos ready on time, and we start all over again. And who likes pressure? We discussed this in another thread.

As my kids get older, it gets a bit easier. this year, my kids helped alot with baking the hamantashen, shopping, delivering Shalach Monos. Purim costumes are also a source of anxiety, till we think of something creative, inexpensive, that the kids are interested in.

This year, we have guests staying over Purim, and the wife did my daughters hair in several braids and a pony tail, and tied on curling ribbon and candies in her hair. Next, her mouth was encircled with a candy shape in Lipstick and lipliner.

She had a huge covered football candy slung onto a ribbon over her shoulder,on which she wrote: A candy from Moshiach's Tzeiten. (the fruit will be huge, so why not a candy?)It was so adorable, and my daughter was so happy. She didn't need anything else. The truth is that I'd never have thought of anything like that, so I thank Hashem for sending us our guests. Very Happy

zigi

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 11:00 am
also what about surviving the day after? hangover of dh, my sons breching during the night, etc puke ....? it is stressful trying to hear every word of the megillah, next year I think that I won't go to shul, some one thought that my son's coat was theirs, size 18 months childrens place left on the table at free, and the teenagers were louder than the children. the next day I went to somones house it was less packed and I could hear every word, even though my son decided to say every word he knew during the megillah! and I thought that I had everything under control, but was still making shalach monos right up to the moment that dh had to go out to deliever them, oh well there is always next year. shock

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 11:05 am
It's once a year!

Nothing GOOD was ever EASY.

raizy

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 7:34 pm
no my hubby doesnt drink. but I hate it for all the presures that u have to go to everyone teachers rebbies. etc. all the relatives want a piece of u. etc. and then I made a main course that not one of my kids liked. so what was the point???? at least I know that peasach food my kids like!!! I hate the nash and the kids wild behaiver bc of the nash!!! I feel so out of hand. I am totally glad it all over.

Tefila

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 7:37 pm
Purim is one of my favourites it's sukkos which I find can be hard especially in our weather etc

raizy

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 7:48 pm
sukkus !! that is one of my fav yom tov. with the rain snow and all.

lucky

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 9:35 pm
Purim is exhausting, but enjoyable. It helps if you plan ahead. But if you have little kids, no amount of planning will help Wink

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 6:24 am
yeh, "hate" is definitely a strong word. It's not my favorite that's forsure...I'm really looking forward to Pesach- now that's my favorite yom tov Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics