Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning "crawling" baby's clothing tips

mimismile

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 9:27 am
my baby is in the process of crawling- moves around... but with tummy on the floor.
his clothing (tummy part) just turned black Crying
I wash my kitchen floor now more often but the first day -last week- he did it my kitchen floor wasn't that clean so his top just turned black in no time and we have carpets in the dining-room so no matter how much I'll vaccum it's still "dirty".
I just a baby load and have 3 tops/outfits that are still dirty. what can I do to get it off?
I used spray & wash on it but it didn't really help.

thanx for any tips!

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 10:21 am
-shampoo your carpets

-no shoes in the house

-use oxy clean powder stain remover in your wash and do a 'heavy' wash

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 10:34 am
I cant tell you how to remove the stains on the clothing that are stained, but a good crawling tip-I put tights over the outfits when they crawl.

e1234

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 10:36 am
what about in the heat? my baby wears shorts and his knees and top of his feet get filthy.
I have to wash my floors and bath my baby at the same time!

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 10:37 am
hot water and OXYCLEAN. Soak it for several hours.

Wash in hot water (I cringe at doing this to anything but towels, but it DOES get things out like floor dirt)

Prevention. Other than cleaning, change his outfits 1-2 times/day when it gets bad and pretreat with something like oxyclean spray (if you will wash it right away) or spraynwash stain stick (good for 5 days wait to launder) ASAP.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 26 2009, 10:51 am
stock up on black onesies Smile

I had this problem at anyone's house but my own. I don't mop that often, but I sweep like a maniac. I think that makes a huge difference. never had a problem with carpet.

LuckyMum

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 4:19 am
in the summer I strip him down to his diaper and let him get black - and into the bath! It all comes off...
On colder days I have a pair of denim overalls that go over whatever he is wearing when I put him on the floor. his clothes stay clean, the denim doesnt show much dirt and if it does I dont care much - they are just his crawling pants!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 4:36 am
I used the same outfit for in the house for about a week at a time, so that only one outfit got dirty at a time.

and as for washing the baby and the floor continuously, I dont do that. I just use wipies every now and then or before we are going to leave the house to clean her off.

mimismile

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 10:56 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I used the same outfit for in the house for about a week at a time, so that only one outfit got dirty at a time.

does that mean you change you kid whenever you come home?

mimismile

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 10:58 am
MyKidsRQte wrote:
I cant tell you how to remove the stains on the clothing that are stained, but a good crawling tip-I put tights over the outfits when they crawl.

how do you do that? it sounds interresting and simple Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry