Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Funny question: How to change timing of DD's diapers

YALT

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 4:42 pm
I finally got DD on an early sleep schedule and then she stopped about 3 weeks later.
I put her in at 7pm. She seems exhausted, she looks like she'll fall right asleep with her bottle & pacifier.
But an hour later she jumps up & is wide awake for the next 3 hours. She screams nonstop until I take her out (which normally happens at about 8:30 when DH comes home) Then she eats another supper & and stays up until we put her in again at 11:30-12:00. She has been making dirty diapers thoughout that time, which makes me believe that's why she's up.
Any way to change her schedule so that she finishes "her business" before 7 or atleast by 8.
BTW, her previous schedule was that at 9:15 I'd put her in and she'd be asleep 10 minutes later and sleep through the night.
And if it matters, she's 19 months old.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 9:09 pm
Does she nap? That is way too late in my opinion. 9:15 is also too late in my opinion.. maybe try putting her to bed even early, like 6:30. What time does she wake up in the morning? Does she nap?

I don't know about the other schedule.. maybe she has a stomachache the last few days? If she gets used to sleeping at an earlier or time, I think her diaper schedule will change as well.

YALT

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 9:39 pm
she's been going to sleep at 9:15 for the longest time. She'd wake up anywhere between 7:45-9:00 am. She'd take a nap from 10:30-1:00 & then again from 3:15 to 5:30-6:00.
But the last day of DS' school (last day I did babysitting in June) she decided she was done with the naps. I tried putting her in a bit earlier, didn't help. I tried all kinds of things until I finally worked out that she takes 1 nap from about 12:30-3:00 and then she'd go into bed at 7:00. If I put her in 10 minutes late, it wouldn't work. So I made sure to get her in on time. Then 3 weeks later (maybe 4) she decided to lie down quietly in bed, make us believe she's sleeping, and then jump up either when we'd open the door or if we didn't come earlier then an hour later she'd jump up & cry to come out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics