Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
"Lukshon" recipe?

Hannah!

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:21 pm
Can someone please post a recipe for soup "lukshon"?

Thank you!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:24 pm
I use the one from the heimish cookbook. Don't remember the recipe. I'll probably do it erev y't after I take down the cookbook. The best thing though is the crepe maker once you get the hang of it.

ss321

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:36 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I use the one from the heimish cookbook. Don't remember the recipe. I'll probably do it erev y't after I take down the cookbook. The best thing though is the crepe maker once you get the hang of it.

I disagree abt the crepe maker...I bought one a few wks ago to try that out...I think its easier w 2 frying pans....but whatever works

I also use the one from the heimishe cookbook. but its downstairs and im lazy...
they are really easy
its like eggs, potato starch, salt and I add seltzer. make sure they are mixed pretty well, and go slowly...

Fabulous

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:43 pm
ss321 wrote:
Fabulous wrote:

I disagree abt the crepe maker...I bought one a few wks ago to try that out...I think its easier w 2 frying pans....but whatever works

I also use the one from the heimishe cookbook. but its downstairs and im lazy...
they are really easy
its like eggs, potato starch, salt and I add seltzer. make sure they are mixed pretty well, and go slowly...

I also used to think that until someone helped me figure it out and I came up with my own method. The first year was a dud and I went back to the frying pan but after that year and I figured out how to use it, I never turned back. I even bought one for shavuos to make blintzes with.

ss321

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 5:26 pm
Fabulous wrote:
ss321 wrote:
Fabulous wrote:

they are really easy

I also used to think that until someone helped me figure it out and I came up with my own method. The first year was a dud and I went back to the frying pan but after that year and I figured out how to use it, I never turned back. I even bought one for shavuos to make blintzes with.

what exactly is your method if you dont mind? I got this little crepe maker at the buzz (you plub it in, its white), and followed their instructions. the edges were either running off, or got burnt! and it was thicker in some spots not others - I foudn that in a pan I could control the fire/heat better. can you tell me how you do it? it would probably go much faster w a few of those

Fabulous

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 6:19 pm
First you need a dish that is a little bit deep but not too deep like a bowl. I end up using a deeper paper plate cuz I don't have anything else. I pour the mixture into the plate. Heat up the element. take a paper towel and wipe a bit (very little) oil on it (needs to be done every 5-10). When really hot, dip the element upside down into the plate. Lift and turn over. you may have to mush it for a second around the plate to get the whole circle, but careful to not go over the sides. I let it sit for about thirty seconds and then start lifting the edges around with a spoon. After another minute or so (depending on how hot it is), I quickly lift it and turn it over for another few seconds. Then it's done.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 8:43 pm
I use the crepe maker the same way like Fabulous explained and it comes out perfect! And it's so easy!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 8:51 pm
hannah!!! is alive!!!! Smile Smile
Sadly I dont have my recipe handy as I dont take out my pesach recipes until I've kashered!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 8:57 pm
My family's recipe is delicious. Good thing I know it by heart.

Ingredients:
4 eggs
3/4 of a plastic cup filled with potato starch
3/4 of a plastic cup filled with water
pinch of salt
Preparation:
Mix potato starch and water with a fork until very well combined.
Add eggs and salt. Shake in shaker (or beat very well to combine.)

We use two frying pans at one time to make the crepe-making go faster. And we make lots of batches!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 12 2009, 1:44 am
By the way, I looked up the exact recipe for the Pesach Lukshen...
It's 1/2 cup potato starch dissolved in 1/2 cup water, with 4 beaten eggs added, and shaken very very well (we use the Tupperware shaker, which makes this recipe a breeze) with salt.
But we still use the 3/4 plastic cup measurements... since they equal 1/2 a real cup... without the need of a measuring cup on Yom Tov.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Apr 12 2009, 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Fabulous

Post Sun, Apr 12 2009, 1:46 am
my recipe from the heimishe nitra cookbook is four eggs, 1/4 cup potato starch dissolved in a half cup water with a pinch of salt. I doubled the recipe and it was enough for first days.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 6:16 pm
Girls... would this work on a crepe maker without potato starch? I'm trying to decide if I should buy a crepe maker and make a huge batch of SCD legal crepes for myself... but I've tried it, couldn't get it right!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 6:26 pm
Shaklee, buy tapioca starch. (double check to make sure it's legal on the SCD.)
The Pesach recipes comes out even better with the tapioca starch, in place of the potato starch.
And if you can use this starch, you won't even need a crepe maker.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 6:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Shaklee, buy tapioca starch. (double check to make sure it's legal on the SCD.)
The Pesach recipes comes out even better with the tapioca starch, in place of the potato starch.
And if you can use this starch, you won't even need a crepe maker.

Illegal Twisted Evil http://www.breakingtheviciousc.....z.htm

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 07 2009, 6:33 pm
Sorry Sad
I was just checking back into this thread to report that tapioca is in fact illegal, and I saw your post Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics