Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Need lunch ideas for my allergic baby

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 7:42 am
My 9 month old is allergic to milk, cheese and eggs, I've run out of ideas for food to give him at lunch time. It's a real shame he is allergic to egg it was a fast meal and he loved it. I generally do not give meaty foods during the day just at night time. So help is needed LOL!!!!

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 8:48 am
my son is allergic to the same things. Baked beans and mashed potatoes, lentil soup, if he is not allergic to soy - soy yoghurt, or pita with soy cheese. tuna and rice cakes. mini latkes (you're in england right? I use rakusens), fish fingers and rice, pasta, thick vegetable soup, any leftovers from the night before...

pina colada

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 9:23 am
fish sticks
avocado on bread, if he can handle it
vegetable soup with beans

bnm

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 11:11 am
potato kugel

drumjj

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 11:21 am
bnm wrote:
potato kugel

dont u make this with eggs?

bnm

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 11:22 am
drumjj wrote:
bnm wrote:
potato kugel

dont u make this with eggs?

is there an egg free version?

ray family

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 2:03 pm
my daughter is also allergic to dairy and eggs it's a pain in the neck
usually I make soups- veg, lentil, barley, split pea,
stir fry, baked potato, fish sticks, pasta, leftover chicken
she loves bread so she ends up eating a lot of that even though I don't like it.
fruits etc

if you have any other suggestions I'd really appreciate it

MinnieMa

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 2:16 pm
Hey Jewish mama.... I don't know if you know but my baby is allergic to milk, soy, eggs and peanuts. It's so hard to figure out what to feed him. I found macarroni and noodles that is not produced in a factory wiht eggs. I give him chicken, vegetables, left over chulent. I Don't give beans or string beans... those things are in the family of peanuts- legumes, so he can't eat them. My son really eats fruits and vegetables all day. couscos, rice, pasta, bread- maybe u can put some jelly on the bread! Good luck. PM me if u have any questions

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 10:30 am
MinnieMa wrote:
Hey Jewish mama.... I don't know if you know but my baby is allergic to milk, soy, eggs and peanuts. It's so hard to figure out what to feed him. I found macarroni and noodles that is not produced in a factory wiht eggs. I give him chicken, vegetables, left over chulent. I Don't give beans or string beans... those things are in the family of peanuts- legumes, so he can't eat them. My son really eats fruits and vegetables all day. couscos, rice, pasta, bread- maybe u can put some jelly on the bread! Good luck. PM me if u have any questions

Most pasta does not have eggs. There is also rice pasta, which is egg free. You can also get from a company called Orgran - millet pasta, corn pasta, and a few more, which are all egg free. Do you know for a fact that your son can not have beans, etc? I am also allergic to peanuts, but have no problem with any other legumes. If his diet is so restricted, it would be worth it to do a conclusive test (maybe a controlled taste test in a hospital) to be able to give those things if he is allowed them, instead of restricting further, unnecessarily.
Also, bread has eggs - you can get disgusting rice/tapioca bread which is egg free, or just pita (which my son wont eat Sad ). Also rice cakes, corn thins...
also chickpeas are a good source of protein, and falafel is usually egg free. Make vegetable soup, and bulk it up with canned beans for protein, then blend it.
try quinoa if your kids will eat it (unfortunately, my kids wont).
You can also get egg replacer to use in kugel. Or the Orgran company makes egg free pancake mix, pizza base mix, etc.

MinnieMa

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 8:09 pm
Most pasta doesn't have eggs, but many are made in a place that makes eggs...so it depends how severe an allergy. Where can you buy the pancake mix thats egg free, that orgron company??? Thanks for the info abt, the beans YoungMommy- I'm going to find out!!

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 8:58 pm
I don’t give my baby eggs, cheese, or dairy… so she eats butternut squash soup mixed with baby cereal for lunch, chicken soup veggies + chicken mixed with baby cereal or pasta, farfel, etc. breakfast is avocado and banana, baked apple, fruit jar + baby cereal, OH WAIT your baby probably has teeth!

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 9:16 pm
If your son is allergic to dairy, then the issue of not eating meat during the day is moot. ts hard to wrap your mind over at first, but the idea grows on you

My son is allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, chocolate, bananas, cranberries, and a few others.

Lunch ideas:
Oatmeal, 2 min in the micro, add cinnamon and sugar
Turkey roll, its fast and easy, my son loves it.
Last nights dinner leftovers
turkey dogs
Tuna, with oil instead of mayo (I am weary of fish sticks, because there can be egg in the breading, or in the fish itself used to bind it)

Thomas's Bagels, are parave and egg free, Yossi's bagels in WW are also, and are pas yisroel. Sterns makes a great WW bread that is egg free.

Rye bread is eggless, but the crust is coated with eggs, my son breaks out in hives from it.

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 10:42 am
I get the Orgran stuff from my local health food store. If you're in England, Victoria Health Foods sells them. But they have an Australian hechsher, so should be international.
Depending how bad the allergy, some kids can have pasteurised eggs, or dehysrated, because they are so processed already. Dr Praeger's is a company that do potato crusted fish sticks with just a bit of processed egg whites, which many people can tolerate even if they can't usually have eggs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics