Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Looking for a cauliflower or/and spinach kugel recipe please

overthehill

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 12:32 pm
I bought an extra bag or two of frozen spinach and frozen cauliflower and I am looking to make it into kugel recipes or anything else (except soup) that I can freeze today. Any ideas or recipes?

SYV

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 4:17 pm
Cauliflower kugel:
Cook cauliflower and mush up. Add lots of mayonnaise, a bit of onion soup mix and two eggs per lb of cauliflower. Cook until done. This is a regular in our home, I make it with broccoli too,could probably be done with spinach.

skcomputer

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 9:47 pm
For spinach kugel - cook or defrost spinach, chop if pieces are really large. Add sauteed onion, egg (around 2 or 3), salt and pepper. Bake until firm - about 1/2 hour at 350. Can add crushed crackers or matzoh. If dairy, add cottage cheese and/or top with mozzarella or cheddar.

For cauliflower kugel - cook until soft, drain well, and mash. Add egg (2-3) and onion soup mix (approx 1/4 to 1/2 cup). Bake until firm on top about 1/2 hour at 350. It never gets really firm in the middle. We prefer only using egg whites in this one.

If you want to make pretty dish, put the spinach mixture on the bottom and cauliflower on top and bake in one pan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus