Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
HELP!! My dh wont eat anything!!

pinktichel

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 6:59 pm
I'm running out of dinner ideas... my dh wont eat:

meat
chicken on the bone
cooked vegetables
"funny looking" cheeses (such as feta, cottage)
fish (aside for gefilte and canned tuna)

Samples of dinners I've made over the last few weeks:

lasagna
eggplant parmesan
falafel
pizza
shnitzel
chicken/avocado wraps
pasta (different recipes)
takeout

Any ideas?
Btw, he's likes soup so please share any good recipes.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 7:15 pm
My mother used to cook regular chicken, but just take it off of the bone for us and give us pieces.

miriam

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 7:28 pm
Split pea soup with carrots and sauteed onions
mushroom barley soup

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 8:13 pm
if he likes chicken off the bone you can do a million things with chicken breast. Fried chicken, capons, wellington chicken - etc.

happyone

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 3:59 am
go to www.recipe.com.
They'll give you lots of ideas for chicken breast.
The next choice would be to give him peanut butter sandwiches or cereal and milk every night.

Raisin

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 5:55 am
pasta sauce made with chopped chicken instead of meat - tastes almost the same. I make regular chicken for shabbos and take of the skin and bone for dh.

Have you tried tofu?

Be careful that you're not eating too much cheese, not so healthy.

Get some vegetarian cookbooks for some new recipes!

micki

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 5:55 am
ask HIM what he wants you to make. then he can't complain.
ask his mother what she made for him
ask him to make supper

please tell me no one takes the chicken apart fot their HUSBANDS!!!

gryp

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 6:04 am
micki LOL LOL
im just laughing reading what you wrote. Very Happy

pinktichel- ask your husband, he probably knows best what he likes.
have you tried serving things he doesnt like? he might just like them in the end Wink

Tovah

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 6:09 am
if he likes soup why not make a big veg soup with small pieces of chicken inside or beans and add couscous to make it filling? a meal in a bowl. my kids love it!
u have protein starch and veg.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 6:54 am
Micki, ever since I was a kid, my mother would take white meat only, I hate dark, off the bone for me. When we are there for Shabbos & she serves individual portions, she STILL does it for me! I think it's funny cuz I've matured since then & don't care to eat it off the bone. DH sometimes does it for me too, if he's the one serving. I guess some habits are hard to break!

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 7:10 am
First of all, he really doesn't seem to be so picky. It doesn't seem like your so restricted with what you can make.

1. There's tons of stuff you can do with chicken cutlets, my DH doesn't care for chicken on the bone, so we just buy cartons of Empire boneless chicken breasts, and you can make a dinner with that in less than an hour.
(baked chicken w/ bbq sauce, shnitzel, chicken pot pie, chicken salad, etc.)

2. You're lucky that your DH eats eggplant and avocado, plenty of stuff you can make with that.

3. Make him vegetarian burritos, very simple.
4. Chicken Fajitas
5. omelet sandwiches
6. Veggie burgers

7. If he doesn't like something you make, he can make his own dinner. A few times during the week my DH will make food for himself. It's his problem he's picky, why should I not eat food I like because he has a dumb idea in his head that certain foods are gross! If he can't grow up and try new foods, he can make himself hamburgers every night.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 8:22 am
Quote:
If he can't grow up and try new foods, he can make himself hamburgers every night.
Thumbs Up

I have a very spoiled very immature 14 yr old nephew who comes to eat by me sometimes for shabbos. in the beginning he would turn up his nose at any salad, eat up all our gefilte fish, complain about the cholent, and gobble all the salami (which basically we only bought for him to make sure he doesnt go home hungry Rolling Eyes )
ive learned my lesson not to prepare only foods that he likes! and guess what- he started eating vegetable salad and coleslaw!
and we started bringing out the salami only after the cholent is served, not at the same time- and he eats his cholent nicely and quietly because he doesnt know if there's going to be salami! (the things you gotta do Rolling Eyes )
but hes coming this shabbos and it looks like he's back to his old ways. well, he'll just have to relearn his lesson.

micki

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 8:38 am
I also pick apart the chicken for m kids- and ive always wondered at what age are they able to do it on their own.
me personally I have the thing with chicken that I can't take it with bones if I am preggy and can't stomach the thought of touching the bones. grosnes. so LOL yup I have a double standard becasue my hubby will pick apart the chicken for me! so I can eat it. LOL
is it a double standard? maybe but I have my quirks- but then again if I had to do it for hubby EVERY time he ate, and just casuue he lazy? weird? whatever the OP hubby is- then I guess its gdifferent. but if its becaue they are grossed out thats different!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics