Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Peseach cleaning!

Have you started Peseach cleaning yet?
Yes  
 51%  [ 24 ]
No  
 48%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 47

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 7:07 pm
Why can I not get my head around Peseach cleaning this year. I have usually made a start on it by now. Does anyone else feel like this this year?

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 7:48 pm
We started pesach cleaning already.

We more or less did a general clean-up around the house and as pesach comes closer, we are doing one room at a time.

And I am hardly ever in the mood to clean, but you gotta do what you gotta do Wink !!!

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 7:58 pm
jewishmamathebest, I've started, but done nothing since I started (over a week ago). So ...who wants to have a race with me? Wink We'll motivate each other. We'll PM each other with details of what we got done that day. Anyone want to race me?

Mishie

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 3:49 am
I also haven't started yet!!!

I feel like, why should I spend all my time and Kochos to clean, and then have the kiddos bring a cracker of something to their room and then have to do the whole thing again?

It's too hard to be on-top of them constantly!!!
And I feel it just makes everybody very nervous to have the house pesachdick for a long time before pesach.

I'm gonna start next week....
and will leave the living room and kitchen for the Sunday before.
(I think we might be going to my Mom's for the Seder, so I don't have to worry about having the kitchen pesachdick for days before so I can do all the cooking....)

Right now, I'm not feeling well - have a fever and am very dizzy! So, I can't even THINK about it now....

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 4:21 am
[quote="SaraYehudis"]jewishmamathebest, I've started, but done nothing since I started (over a week ago). So ...who wants to have a race with me? Wink We'll motivate each other. We'll PM each other with details of what we got done that day. Anyone want to race me?[/quote]

I'am in but will write to you after Shabbos okey, need to get on now while the kids are in school.... They finish at 12.15 and then I have to take thge to their swimming lessons, so will speak after Shabbos. Good Shabbos.

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 4:25 am
[quote="Mishie"]I also haven't started yet!!!

I feel like, why should I spend all my time and Kochos to clean, and then have the kiddos bring a cracker of something to their room and then have to do the whole thing again?

It's too hard to be on-top of them constantly!!!
And I feel it just makes everybody very nervous to have the house pesachdick for a long time before pesach.

I'm gonna start next week....
and will leave the living room and kitchen for the Sunday before.
(I think we might be going to my Mom's for the Seder, so I don't have to worry about having the kitchen pesachdick for days before so I can do all the cooking....)

Right now, I'm not feeling well - have a fever and am very dizzy! So, I can't even THINK about it now....[/quote]

I hope you feel better soon, take it easy and if you can go to bed on Shabbos afternoon and drink lots of hot drinks and take lots of paracetemal, etc...
Anyway B"H I am not the only one. I agree about the kids, had it in the past you do one room then the baby takes a biscuit in there without you knowing or one of the kids go upstairs without brushing themselves down. You cannot be on top of them the whole time. I think I'll start with out room on Sunday and continue from there........ Good Shabbos and feel better soon.

nicole81

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 9:43 am
I haven't started yet. thats the one great thing about living in an apartment. I could clean the whole place in one intense day. (although I'm trying to leave myself 2 weeks.)

Mishie

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 1:29 pm
That's what my Hubby says: "Don't worry about it! I'll do the whole house in one day!!!"

I'm always driving the guy nuts about how I better start cleaning, and Oh my gosh, I still have this and this and this to do....

B"H I married someone who doesn't get all crazy and nervous about these things, it seems to calm me down.... at the end of the day....

Because think about it, we'll all be sitting at the seder table at the same time... and it won't matter then, who started to clean on Rosh Chodesh Nissan, and who started before chanukah....

(although, I sometimes wonder which of these ladies will be enjoying her seder (or seders) more.... the one who took thing slowly, or the one who made herself all rushed....

curlyhead

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 4:50 pm
Sara Yehudis sounds like a good idea.
I have started. I think I am going to stop buying Chometzdik snacks and try to stick to kiniyios and non chometdik food. And for lunch myaybe I'll make sandwhichs and we'll eat outside. To hard to have chometz around with little kids

When I was single someone once hired me to pesach clean their 2 bedroom apartment. I did it with the help of a friend in about 1 1/2 days - 20 hours of work all together. but their place was already decluttered. all I had to do was check for chometzaround the house and the heavy cleaning. And the Kitchen was empty - shelves already emptied etc.. But with kids and other commitments it is alot harder. I also think its easier to do someone elses house.

TzenaRena

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 9:05 pm
For those running against (with) me in this race, tonight my objective is to get all the drawers done in all the bedrooms. I'm going to appoint the kids to do their drawers and yours truly to do the . And another project is to do at least one sefarim shank, by tonight.

One thing is true that somone else posted. Everything takes twice as long as you expect. So please don't let down your guard now and relax too much, because those who rush it all into the last few days may sit down to the Seder at the same time, but not in the same shape!

Schedule in the cleaning time, pace yourselves and stick to your schedule, so you will be able to kasher your kitchen earlier rather than later, and get to the cooking at LEAST the day before/of Bedikas Chometz.

ChavieK

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 9:30 pm
I had to start.I'm making a Bas Mitzvah next week (Rented a clubhouse of a condo development) , two kids coming back from Israel,& dh going to business meeting for 3 days morning after the party.The kids will help with the kitchen but I don't want to leave all work & no play with them.

curlyhead

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 11:03 pm
I find the best thing is to take a calendar and decide which day I do each major thing. I work backward starting from when we kasher the kitchen. and then clenaing the kitchen etc.. I try to leave one day a week as a catch up day - do whatever I didnt get a chance to do. And my busiest day I leave empty and Friday I dont do anything for pesach except for the last week.
B"h so far im on schedule

lucky

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 12:28 am
My biggest pressure is not the actual cleaning. I'll do whatever has to be done. I have 2 big girls[their pesach vacation starts on Thursday] a cleaning lady 3 times a week. The part that does not let me sleep is SHOPPING. Everyone needs socks, shoes, dresses, robes. And some still need Yom tov outfits. winter is almost over, and they don't have spring/summer clothes. I never leave these things for the last minute, but somehow I did not get around to it all winter. I don't drive, and I can't find all the stuff locally. My husband is busiest before pesach so I cannot rely on any help from him. Rolling Eyes I guess I'll get there, but I think I'll be frazzled beyond recognition by then.

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 6:33 am
Help Help Help Help Help a million million times over. Yesterday my three year old got CHICKENPOX. Yes chickenpox two and half weeks before Peseach, I've not started and really starting to panick now. My 5 year old has had it but the baby has not so please Hashem let him get it this week and not next week. B"H the 3 year old is not bad yet he is covered from head to toe in spots and scratching but he is not ill with a temp or anything yet so hopefully we can avoid that. So I think Peaseach is going to be a rushed job here. Anyway thatnks guys for replying to this post I do feel better that so many people have not started yet either. BH I do have a Peseach kitchen so while the kids are ill this week I think I'll make soups, etc... instead of cleaning as it will be imposibble to clean with a very lively 3 year old and nearly 2 year old this week running around. Any advice to coping with a kid with chickenpox will be very grateful. Thanks and happy cleaning.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 8:15 am
Put him in Aveno baths if the itching is really bad.Also let him stand in front of a mirror & "paint" himself with caladryl.My kids loved that.I put down a mat & didn't care how much they used as long as they were happy.
For anyone who sells real chametz- my motto is "if you don't clean it -close it". It really helps to destress I know which toys, closets ... were & weren't done.

red sea

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 10:22 am
jewishmamathebest wrote:
Help Help Help Help Help a million million times over. Yesterday my three year old got CHICKENPOX. Yes chickenpox two and half weeks before Peseach, I've not started and really starting to panick now. My 5 year old has had it but the baby has not so please Hashem let him get it this week and not next week. B"H the 3 year old is not bad yet he is covered from head to toe in spots and scratching but he is not ill with a temp or anything yet so hopefully we can avoid that. So I think Peaseach is going to be a rushed job here. Anyway thatnks guys for replying to this post I do feel better that so many people have not started yet either. BH I do have a Peseach kitchen so while the kids are ill this week I think I'll make soups, etc... instead of cleaning as it will be imposibble to clean with a very lively 3 year old and nearly 2 year old this week running around. Any advice to coping with a kid with chickenpox will be very grateful. Thanks and happy cleaning.

Hey JMTB, are u me? I think my kid has the chicken pox too! I didn't start cleaning yet either Very Happy

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 10:49 am
Just remember to put away the leftover packets of Aveeno in the Chometz. It is pure, unadulterated Chometz, made out of OATMEAL. aND REFUAH SHLEIMAH TO THE AFFECTED CHILDREN. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE A MILD CASE. dO NOT TAKE STILL RECOVERING CHILDREN OUT IN THE SUN, IT PROLONGS THE RECOVERY. sorry for the caps, typomistake.

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 10:56 am
[quote="SaraYehudis"]Just remember to put away the leftover packets of Aveeno in the Chometz. It is pure, unadulterated Chometz, made out of OATMEAL. aND REFUAH SHLEIMAH TO THE AFFECTED CHILDREN. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE A MILD CASE. dO NOT TAKE STILL RECOVERING CHILDREN OUT IN THE SUN, IT PROLONGS THE RECOVERY. sorry for the caps, typomistake.[/quote]

Thanks, did I mention I live in the UK it is never sunny here at the moment it is pouring. Wink

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 10:58 am
[quote="red sea"][quote="jewishmamathebest"]Help Help Help Help Help a million million times over. Yesterday my three year old got CHICKENPOX. Yes chickenpox two and half weeks before Peseach, I've not started and really starting to panick now. My 5 year old has had it but the baby has not so please Hashem let him get it this week and not next week. B"H the 3 year old is not bad yet he is covered from head to toe in spots and scratching but he is not ill with a temp or anything yet so hopefully we can avoid that. So I think Peaseach is going to be a rushed job here. Anyway thatnks guys for replying to this post I do feel better that so many people have not started yet either. BH I do have a Peseach kitchen so while the kids are ill this week I think I'll make soups, etc... instead of cleaning as it will be imposibble to clean with a very lively 3 year old and nearly 2 year old this week running around. Any advice to coping with a kid with chickenpox will be very grateful. Thanks and happy cleaning.[/quote]

Hey JMTB, are u me? I think my kid has the chicken pox too! I didn't start cleaning yet either Very Happy[/quote]

Oh well we can sympathis together, hope the kids are okey mine is running around as if nothing is wrong just very spotty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics