Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Plastic coveres for matress/pillows for allergic DD??

amother

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 1:16 pm
My DD has been diagnosed with a severe allergy to dust. One recommendation is to cover her pillows, matress with a special plastic. Having the same allergies myself, I remember purchasing all this stuff many years ago, I spent a bloody fortune and it did nothing for me. I would buy it but where in FLATBUSH/MIDWOOOD could I find this stuff for as little as possible?

Any Ideas please?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 2:27 pm
ANYONE???????

sim

Post Tue, Jul 21 2009, 8:44 pm
When my dd needed it, it was still only available by catalog and really expensive. Now, you can find them in Target! They are not super cheap, but they're less than half the price of the catalog my dr. gave me 8 yrs ago. Good luck -- I hope she grows out of it. Mine did, but then she developed awful seasonal allergies. Thank G-d for zyrtec. Smile

amother

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 7:13 am
What exactly am I asking for?

Also, do I just need pillow cases and matress covers?

sim

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 7:38 am
They're in the bedding section, near the pillows and duvets. They are called "allergen proof" or something like it. THe packages hang in their own display towards the end of an aisle. YOu need coverings for all the pillows in her room, the matress, and preferably you should use a blanket for her that can be washed a couple of times a week in hot water (to kill the mites). Also, get rid of all the stuffed animals, curtains, dust-collecting junk in her room -- it should look stripped-down by the time you're through.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 22 2009, 8:22 am
Thank you for your help!

indianamom5

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 12:10 am
they also have a good selection at bed bath and beyond. I got some there and the have a better quality selection. with the 20% off coupons that always come in the mail, it was not too bad. good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics