Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddlers and brushing hair

zuncompany

Post Thu, Dec 30 2004, 6:50 pm
Zu has really long hair. His hair is already to the middle of his back. I try to keep it in a pony to keep it from getting tangled but sometimes he pulled it out when he is in his crib, or playing. He hates letting me brush it. He has no problem when he is in a bath, but there are other times it needs brushing. It doesn't help that our carpet is new and sheds still, so he sometimes gets carpet fuzz in his hair (I still haven't figured it out how though!).

Any suggestions on how to get them to let you brush it? I still have about a year and half until his upshern and it looks like Tev's hair is following suit.

sara

gryp

Post Thu, Dec 30 2004, 7:23 pm
hey Zun, do you use a brush or a comb? I use a comb and the only way he lets me brush it is if he has two other combs in his hands and he likes to "help" out. tonite he decided to use his toothbrush as a comb, and who knows where he got that from.

I only have to comb his hair after his bath, its not so long because he has really tight curls.

im surprised he lets you put his hair up. if I even try to do that Mendel runs away.

zuncompany

Post Thu, Dec 30 2004, 8:28 pm
Great idea! I use a brush.

I chase after him with one hand on his head and the other with the holder! LOL! Its a site to see.

Always provides nightly entertainment!
sara

gryp

Post Thu, Dec 30 2004, 8:30 pm
I can imagine that one Very Happy
I chase after Mendel with a shirt im about to put over his head, and he takes off running... the only way to do it without chasing him, is to sit on the floor, arms wide open, and say "whos going to come to Mommy?"

Yael

Post Fri, Dec 31 2004, 11:44 am
I've been doing Dovi's hair in a pony since he was 5 months old. (Levi, since 14 months) I sit them on my bed and give them something to play with and I brush it, they usually squirm and the pony comes out messy, but I dont usually have a problem with it, I think its b/c for as long as they can remember and longer, I've been doing their hair. so they are used to it.

gryp

Post Fri, Dec 31 2004, 11:48 am
5 months? Mendel was practically bald till a few months ago. I thought he had lots of hair and people told me hes a baldie. I didnt know why they were saying that, but now when I look back at pictures, I see they were right. Very Happy

zuncompany

Post Fri, Dec 31 2004, 12:17 pm
hehe! Yael... I also had Zu in one from 5 months on. Tev also has a small one now (Zu did it for him) cause his bangs are always in his eyes. I can get the pony in... just can't get him to let me brush it.

Sara

Yael

Post Sun, Jan 02 2005, 1:27 pm
do your kids have curly hair and/or that gets knotted?
cuz mine have super straight hair that generally doesnt need brushing except to put in a pony. (or to get out food bits that are stuck in it Confused )

zuncompany

Post Wed, Jan 05 2005, 3:48 pm
Zu has some curles. Can't tell so well with his hair in a pony, but yes, he does.

Sara

curlyhead

Post Thu, Jan 06 2005, 5:28 am
My son also has really long frizzy hair. He used to hate when I brushed it until I discover anti frizz spray. (the one I use has a strawberry smell) Now he loves when I spray his hair with it and he barely complains when I brush his hair.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 06 2005, 9:42 am
Rivky even though my daughter doesn't have frizzy hair it is wavy I put on a spray in conditioner with a nice smell too and then she doesn't mind me brushing her hair putting it in half a pony etc

sarahd

Post Thu, Jan 06 2005, 11:44 am
My sister was so thrilled when she had her first girl (after two boys). She said it was such a mechaye to be able to cut her hair when it got long (which it did by 6 months) instead of chasing after a kid trying to brush their hair.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 06 2005, 7:29 pm
Why someone would cut ones girls hair after boys has me puzzled Confused I want my daughters hair long when I can do updos etc I have so much fun with the hair she has. Since later she might want it cut so I enjoy myself whilst I can.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 06 2005, 7:33 pm
oops submitted twice

Last edited by Tefila on Thu, Jan 06 2005, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

curlyhead

Post Thu, Jan 06 2005, 9:09 pm
I m
Quote:
r. He used to hate when I brushed it until I discover anti frizz spray. (the one I use has a strawberry smell) Now he loves when I spray his hair with it and he barely complains when I brush his hair.

I meant a anti tangle spray

Rivka

Post Sat, Jan 08 2005, 4:10 pm
I have tried putting my son's hair in a pony, his hair isn't so long and it curls at the bottom so it looks cute, but recently he's been scratching it like mad and I checked for lice and there was nothing all I saw was scabs because he has been scratching and causing his head to bleed. I figured it might be to do with his hair itching him when he lies down because it is flyaway hair and I know my hair itches me like mad if I don't put it up when I got to bed.
So I put it in a little pony which isn't much and he just takes it out and scratches his hair. So I think we need to take a trip to get hair trimmed.

sarahd

Post Sat, Jan 08 2005, 4:15 pm
freilich wrote:
Why someone would cut ones girls hair after boys has me puzzled Confused I want my daughters hair long when I can do updos etc I have so much fun with the hair she has. Since later she might want it cut so I enjoy myself whilst I can.

Oh, the girls have long hair now, but when they were babies and toddlers, it was much easier to deal with short hair than long.

ForeverYoung

Post Sat, Jan 08 2005, 9:38 pm
well, we cut my son's har as soon as it began getting into his eyes -
we do not hold by the upsherin at all and he had a big boy haircut right away - mind you, he didn't have much hair to begin with Smile

but you can try yalking to our daughter about cutting her hair -
she'll get VER insulted!!!!!
(not that I really want to;))

However, I do even her hair out to make sure that it grows nicely & evenly 8)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics