Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Mushroom salad idea

happysmile

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 1:28 pm
hi,
I have lots of mushrooms in my fridge and was looking for some type of maybe marinated mushroom salad or any other ideas...anyone?

abismommy

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 2:12 pm
Do you like basil? I have a carrot, mushroom, onion & green pepper marinated salad that uses basil as part of the marinade, but it really tastes like basil, so you have to like it. I'll post if you want.

bandcm

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 3:04 pm
Equal amounts of mushrooms, tomatoes and raw leeks sliced, mix with mayonnaise and garlic powder.
It is really delicious and different, but a bit sharp.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 4:02 pm
bandcm wrote:
Equal amounts of mushrooms, tomatoes and raw leeks sliced, mix with mayonnaise and garlic powder.
It is really delicious and different, but a bit sharp.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds yum!

saboni

Post Fri, Oct 02 2009, 4:16 pm
bennysmommy posted a delicious one a while ago

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 6:55 am
I would prefer to cook mushrooms if they've been sitting in the fridge for more than a day or so. (They turn more brownish, less white). You can slice them, sautee with a bit of olive oil, chopped garlic and salt. Yummy as they are. Or you can add a bit of lemon juice (tastes more like marinated) or soy sauce and sesame seed. Not really a salad but I like making mushroom pate.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 8:30 am
Put the mushrooms on a baking sheet with cut up red pepper, onion, and garlic .Pour a little bit of olive oil on top) Roast them until everything gets browned.

Then puree it (you can leave some bigger mushroom pieces if you like). and add mayonnaise, vinegar, little sugar, salt and pepper.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 9:33 am
Toss with steamed veg. and Italian dressing.

Saute slices with one large, diced onion. Add some beef broth (and thickener if you want) and voila, mushroom gravy, that freezes nicely too.

Saute with sliced onion and liver strips. (I find it interesting that my kids like liver, and broccoli. They haven't been conditioned by pop culture not to, though they know from books that they're not supposed to Very Happy )

Mushroom quiches for a lighter milchig chol hamoed meal. (You can go crustless if it's easier.)
Speaking of light chol hamoed suppers, try stuffed potatoes and omelets deluxe. To make it more yom tovdik, use mushrooms and other nice vegs. (If any men are makpid on fleish, let them have leftovers for lunch.)

happysmile

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 10:10 pm
thanks for all the ideas.....I ended up making the marinated mushroom salad rom the spice and spirti...it was delicious and best of all it all got eaten! Smile

CuteGirl613

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 6:11 pm
[quote="catonmylap"]Put the mushrooms on a baking sheet with cut up red pepper, onion, and garlic .Pour a little bit of olive oil on top) Roast them until everything gets browned.

Then puree it (you can leave some bigger mushroom pieces if you like). and add mayonnaise, vinegar, little sugar, salt and pepper.[/quote]

How much mayo & vinegar?

catonmylap

Post Wed, Oct 28 2009, 12:49 am
CuteGirl613 wrote:
catonmylap wrote:
Put the mushrooms on a baking sheet with cut up red pepper, onion, and garlic .Pour a little bit of olive oil on top) Roast them until everything gets browned.

Then puree it (you can leave some bigger mushroom pieces if you like). and add mayonnaise, vinegar, little sugar, salt and pepper.

How much mayo & vinegar?

about a 1/2 tablespoon-tablespoon of vinegar.
Mayo-2-3 tablespoons
sugar- 1-2 teaspoons

CuteGirl613

Post Wed, Oct 28 2009, 9:06 am
catonmylap: Thank you! I will try it this shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics