Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Idea for a model lesson plan anyone?

amother

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 10:19 pm
I need an idea for a lesson plan that will not actually be implemented. I am going for my degree in education and for one of the courses, I need to make up lesson plans. problem is I am not currently teaching so I am drawing up on BLANK. any subject grades 1-6.

(I am looking online for ideas but would like to hear some good ones from imamother)!

cip

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 11:17 pm
what topic?
if any, some easy ones that come to mind are:
-healthy foods,
-food pyramid
-dental hygine (you can smear your hands with some sticky marshmellow and swish in a pail of water to show how swishing your teeth with water will not clean it. got to scrub with a brush.)
-planting (parts of a tree, what items we get from trees, what plants need to grow, process of growth)

Blue jay

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 11:35 pm
First decide what subject and topic

LIst the state standards that are being applied to your lesson you can find it on the state education web site probably

LIst your goals for the lesson

list your procedure

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 1:44 am
examples

Isramom8

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 1:51 am
So funny - I totally thought you meant a Limudei Kodesh lesson, and I wanted to suggest Hilchos Kibud Av Vaeim. Does that work for you?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 4:44 pm
THANKS ALL!! what would be a rationale for teaching a lesson on the water cycle (basically, where would it come in, in the curriculum?)

Isramom8

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:05 pm
Parshas Noach Wink

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 1:03 am
In Israeli ganim the water cycle is taught in Cheshvan because of beginning to dave for rain on zayin Cheshvan.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 1:32 am
Imaonwheels wrote:
In Israeli ganim the water cycle is taught in Cheshvan because of beginning to dave for rain on zayin Cheshvan.

And notice how Hashem made Zayin Cheshvan immediately follow when we ended up leining Parshas Noach. Or was it the opposite?

My 3 year old made a paper umbrella yesterday in gan. None of the kids are old enough to remember the last time it rained in Central Israel last spring!

smilethere

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 6:21 am
we learnt about the water cycle in geography. very fascinating

manhattanmom

Post Sat, Oct 31 2009, 11:27 pm
amother wrote:
THANKS ALL!! what would be a rationale for teaching a lesson on the water cycle (basically, where would it come in, in the curriculum?)

A rationale is your reasoning for choosing the particular topic to teach. As far as where to put it in your lesson plan...Did your professor give you guidelines?
I write rationales for my lesson plans underneath the objectives (short and long term) in a lesson plans I have to submit. I use evidence from education textbooks to back myself us.
I also include where it falls in on the NY State Learning Standards--with a citation from the website...

But no need really to make more work for yourself in school.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 12:26 pm
manhattanmom wrote:

I also include where it falls in on the NY State Learning Standards--with a citation from the website...

where do you find it on the website? is there a link?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics