Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Arts & Crafts for Parshas Vayeira (2 yr olds)

shopaholic

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:04 pm
I need some arts & crafts ideas for this week's Parsha - parshas Vayeira. The only thing I remember my kids bringing home was a phone book in the shape of a telephone for Bikur cholim. How about a Hachnosas Orchim idea?

pobody's nerfect

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:07 pm
for hachanasas orchim, I once saw a cute project where they decorated hangers with a little note that said "welcome to our home" or something like that. I don't remember if the paper was cut to fit inside the triangular part of the hanger, of it it was just a square note with a hole cut in it like they hang on the doors of hotels, but either way it would work. cute, cheap, and easy!

soldat

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:36 pm
here's another bikur cholim idea that's a lot simpler for 2 yr olds:
make a collage with things that help people feel better
    bandaids
    q-tips
    cotton balls
    tounge depressors
    get well cards
    flowers
    tissues
    face masks
    and spoons of medicine, take a plasti spoon, color the bowl of the spoon with pink marker, pour in a little elmer's glue, stir - presto! a spoon of anti-biotic!

Seraph

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 2:54 pm
I assume you're the one who commented on my blog. I answered there.
http://ayiddishemama.livejourn......html

mommy#1

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 4:09 pm
http://chinuch.org/item_detail.....p;s=2

I think this is so cute, but I dont know how practical it is to get the carpets. unless you adapt it and do oaktag or something else instead...

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 4:30 pm
b'h
I have an older age group but still I would do phone books this week and next week do Baruch Haboh signs. I have used macaroni in the past to frame it and then have the child paint it too.
Perhaps add handprints to the center of the plate with baruch haboh around it ???

shopaholic

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 8:00 pm
Thanks Seraph, yeah that was me who commented. Great great blog BTW! Thanks for the ideas. I printed out your reply & did the welcome mat/sign. Plus, I used an upside down mini aluminum pan. I cut out 4 doors. the kids colored it with permanent markers (glue wouldn't stick) & then I made a trunk of a tree & the kids glued leaves to it & I stuck 3 people on it.

Tova

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 8:21 pm
I know it's too late for this week, but my son came home from his 2 year old group with the following project:

Avraham's tent (upside down styrofoam bowl) painted brown with four doors cut out. The newsletter said that they learned about hachnasas orchim and counted the doors from 1 to 4.

[They are also focusing on a Shabbos unit this month, and he made challah, napkin rings (from toilet paper rolls), and my favorite - a yehi ratzon for the neiros with balled up tissue paper all around.]

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 12:03 pm
(my 2 year old son had a similar one -- but with the styrofoam tray from produce like grapes...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics