Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Does anyone have the Passover Version of Spice and Spirit?

Coffee3

Post Thu, Nov 12 2009, 1:26 pm
Im wondering if I should order it. I can get some kosher cookbooks from my credit card points and I'm trying to figure out which one to get.
thank you

GetReal

Post Thu, Nov 12 2009, 2:42 pm
Which chumros do you keep on Pesach? There is a small section at the end with matzah-meal recipes but in general, there is no matzah meal, no spices but salt, no vegetables that can't be peeled, etc. It's a great cookbook if you're looking for those types of recipes.

3Qts

Post Thu, Nov 12 2009, 2:54 pm
I have it and LOVE It. I have approx 8 cookbooks for pesach and this one I use the most especially because I dont eat alot of stuff and this cookbook only uses the very basic so it works very well for me.

bubby

Post Thu, Nov 12 2009, 4:15 pm
I have both...the old yellow one as well as the newer purple one. Excellent! But be warned...if you don't use ground pepper, lettuce or cabbage for example on Pesach (as we don't) the new purple one has recipes that contain these ingredients. Generally, however, they are great. And some things can be omitted.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Nov 12 2009, 9:03 pm
I love it. We eat gebraks and I still find enough recipes in it to make it "worth it" We also have an Aish one which is excellent.

Coffee3

Post Fri, Nov 13 2009, 5:56 am
Thanks so much. I tried to get it at Barnes and Nobles so that I could look at it and they said its out of print. That's when I thought of asking you guys. Its not Pesach yet but the Original Spice and Spirit is such a good one.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Nov 13 2009, 7:15 am
I use both my spice and spirits, the original one and the newer purple. the older pesach one is not that good, though; I stick with the newer one !

Coffee3

Post Fri, Nov 13 2009, 7:28 am
Im confused. I have the purple one and I am wondering about the Pesach one.
Is there an old one and a new one?

bubby

Post Fri, Nov 13 2009, 7:45 am
mytwo22 wrote:
Im confused. I have the purple one and I am wondering about the Pesach one.
Is there an old one and a new one?

Yes. The old one (yellow) doesn't have as many recipes but I tend to stick to the same things anyway. The new one (purple) has many more recipes. It's really excellent.

You can call Judaica world to see if they have it & if not, they can give you the publisher's #.

Coffee3

Post Fri, Nov 13 2009, 7:51 am
do u like the Pesach one?

bubby

Post Sat, Nov 14 2009, 3:34 pm
Yes.

su7kids

Post Sat, Nov 14 2009, 7:15 pm
I actually bought two copies of the Pesach Purple one. One I keep with my Pesachdike dishes, etc, and one I keep with my chometzdike stuff so that I can plan shopping from it, before taking out the Pesach keilim.

Very good book.

Tila

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 9:11 am
Tamar Ansch has a great one!! I also like the Kosher by design one. I have tonz of recipes that I have collected over the years. I stick by my old faves!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics