Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Pots and Pans

Sunshine

Post Wed, Jan 05 2005, 4:14 pm
I want to know if anyone has good baking pans that are stainless steel or silicon. When I first got married I bought 2 different companies for pans (pyrex and Martha Stewart). Both were non stick. In less than a year they were non usable. All the non stick surface came off and into the food and BH I was able to return both sets. I then bought pyrex glass pans for milchig. I am looking for a glass pyrex set for fleishig with a different design and colored lid. I am not sure if I can find one and if I can't I would like a stainless steel set as I will never buy non stick again! I am looking high and low for stainless steel and the only ones I found are $450, too expensive, and another set that has very shallow pans. I am also looking to buy a silicon set for parev. Do they wash well? Do they have a residue from the grease in the cake? I know plastic doesn't usually wash well, but they aren't exactly plastic so maybe they are good. I would like to know if anyone has pans they are happy with so I won't have to buy junkie ones again. Also, how long did you have them for? I have really good and inexpensive pots. They are farberware classic. A lot of people I know have them. They also come in many different sizes and you can buy really big ones too like 16 qt.

zuncompany

Post Wed, Jan 05 2005, 9:30 pm
I use bakers spray... saves a lot of trouble of trying to find good pans!

Sara

Yael

Post Wed, Jan 05 2005, 9:33 pm
what's that?

zuncompany

Post Wed, Jan 05 2005, 10:01 pm
Its called Baker's Joy. Its by the cooking sprays. Its ou pareve. No need to even flour your pan cause it has the flour in it. Its awesome! Nothing sticks and its fat free. I just spray it on my cookie sheets or pan and wallah... everything comes right off!

Sara

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 05 2005, 10:04 pm
do you find it changes the taste of the food? like PAM always has a funny taste...

zuncompany

Post Wed, Jan 05 2005, 10:08 pm
Not that I have noticed at all. My husband usually would notice such things and he has never complained. The nice thing is when I am baking cookies I find that I can go three or sometimes four batches before I need to spray it again. It just took me six months to go through a whole can and I use it every week making shabbos and sometimes during the week if I bake.

Sara

Sunshine

Post Tue, Jan 11 2005, 4:42 pm
I think it was mostly the grease from the chicken and fish that caused it to come off. Does anyone have pans that they like that are not non stick?

Motek

Post Tue, Jan 11 2005, 7:00 pm
I have Farberware for fleishigs and I'm satisfied with them

for milchigs I use non-stick and when they get worn out, I throw them out and replace them

they're not expensive

for chicken and any hard-to-clean cooking, I use disposable pans

Didi

Post Tue, Jan 11 2005, 7:24 pm
I have Tools of the trade pots for Fleishig they are Macy's home brand. I love them and have been using them for almost 9yr now. My mother also uses them and she has been using them forever.

For Milchig I had Pyrex pretty pink glass pots but they all fell out of the cabbinet one day and broke. I don't remember what I replaced them with but I am not very happy with them.

proudmom

Post Tue, Jan 11 2005, 7:28 pm
I have Ultrex. I love them. Nothing sticks to them. If you burnt something on them it comes off right away. It is the best types of pots and pans that I got as a present.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars