Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Make ahead sufganiyot??

Soph

Post Mon, Nov 30 2009, 3:45 pm
Hello I was wondering if anyone has a recipe or a way to make sufganiyot ahead of time...I have a melave malka at my house on chanuka and want to make them but not that same night!!! any ideas??

Soph

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 1:21 pm
Help!! Someone??

egam

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 3:17 pm
I don't think they are going to be good. Maybe you can make dough on Friday and keep it in the fridge till Motzoi Shabbos to save you some time. I have a recipe for an yeast door that can be kept in fridge for up to 2 days, but I don't know if it is good for sufganiot.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 3:34 pm
not gonna work ... doughnuts need to be fresh ...

why don't you make a "make your own doughnut" party What

Soph

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 4:10 pm
this is sad....buhhuuuu

abismommy

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 6:31 pm
I make the dough , cut circles and freeze them on a tray. After shabbos, pull out the tray and let it defrost on top of an oven that's on or in a very low temp oven. They'll defrost quickly and then rise. You're going to fry them right before people come anyway, so you'll probably have enough time.
Do you want the recipe? I use the one on the side of the Bakers choice custard box - it's yummy!

momoswyf

Post Tue, Dec 08 2009, 5:12 pm
I do the same thing. I divide the dough and roll it up in balls (I use a challah type dough), then I freeze them. For the party I am making motzei shabbos, I am going to take them out of the freezer as soon as shabbos is over, to let them defrost and rise a bit. when my guests come I am going to start the frying. I am going to do a "fill/decorate your own doughnut" so I won't have to worry about filling them, etc. Bound to be messy, but it will be lots of fun. We are having my husband's students! Enjoy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics