Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Shabbas Chicken?
Previous  1  2

pinktichel

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 2:01 pm
fiddle wrote:
pinktichel wrote:
fiddle wrote:
there was a recipe in the mishpacha three weeks ago. it was fantabulous. I had it someones house and made it twice already. its easy and delicious.

caramelized chicken

If/when you have a chance, can you please post it?

2 chickens cut into eighths or 8 thighs
paprika
garlic powder
oil for saute`ing
2 large onions cut into rings
2 oz (50 grams) of margarine, melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 T soy sauce

preheat the broiler. position the chicken portions in a single layer in a baking pan and sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder. broil for 8-10 minutes. meanwhile heat the oil in a medium frying pan and saute the onions. combine the melted margarine with the brown sugar and soy sauce, and stir this into the sauteed onions. then pour the mixture over the chicken. cover the baking pan and return it to the oven. set the oven to 350 (180 C) and bake for 1 1/2-2 hours (depending on how soft you like your chicken). remove the foil and continue baking, uncovered, for an additional half hour, until the chicken has a deep brown color.

thank you. Can't wait to try it!

Ima'la

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 9:37 pm
A nice alternative to chicken that I sometimes make is the 2-tone chicken-meat roll from the purple Lub. cookbook. (I use turkey instead of chicken.) But instead of boiling it in water like it says (it comes out bland that way) I make the mushroom sauce from the mushroom chicken (same book) and cook/bake the roll in that. I don't find it such a patchke to make the meat roll, but making the mushroom sauce somewhat increases the patchke level. You can use canned sliced mushroom - that helps.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey