Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
How to cook London Broil in Crockpot

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 6:44 am
Hello, I just bouuht a lot of London Broil meat on sale and would like to cook it in the crockpot for supper tomorrow night. I also have a lot of red pepper and green onions that I would like to get rid of before it goes bad. Are there any recipes in the crockpot with London broil? I also would like to put rice in the crockpot or maybe potatoes. Or maybe there's a separate dish I can make with red pepper and green onions? Ideas, anyone?

FraydaSue

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 7:06 am
What's London Broil?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 7:08 am
It's a type of meat that's very soft.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 12:04 pm
Help! I need ideas for supper today!!!!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 12:10 pm
I'd put it in the crock pot with beer and bbq sauce. You can put the potatoes (and a couple slices yellow onions) in there as well.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:34 pm
Barbeque sauce sounds good Defy.
I would also put sliced onions and cubed pepper in the mix.

You can make shredded beef buns with your London broil, onions, peppers, barbeque sauce. Mmm.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:37 pm
That's exactly what DH and I do with the meat! We shred it and make sandwiches with it. It's the most delicious sandwich ever.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:45 pm
Sounds so yummy. You mean you cook it in the crockpot and then shread it? How do you shred it? Do you have a fleishig meat shredder?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:47 pm
You cook it until it's tender (several hours) and when it's cooked you rip some pieces apart and put it on bread for the sandwich. You don't even have to shred it, I just like it that way.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:50 pm
Place the meat in the crock. Top with cut up veggies. (Onions and tomatoes are great... And use your peppers.)
For every 1 lb. of meat, use 1/2 cup barbeque sauce mixed with 2 tsp Italian seasoning spice (optional.)
Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 5 hours.
Once done, remove steak from crockpot and shred it with a fork, or cut it across the grain into thin strips.
Return the shredds to the crockpot and stir gently to evenly coat the meat with the sauce.
Spoon the meat over halved buns. (Each half eaten separately, open. Not necessarily as sandwiches.)

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:54 pm
It sounds so delicious. I think I'll try it with barbecue sauce. However, my husband likes rice better than sandwiches. If I cook it with barbecue sauce and italian dressing, will it have a good gravy for the rice?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:57 pm
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
It sounds so delicious. I think I'll try it with barbecue sauce. However, my husband likes rice better than sandwiches. If I cook it with barbecue sauce and italian dressing, will it have a good gravy for the rice?
It should be good, but I think the sauce would be too strong for the rice.
I would put sweet potatoes underneath the meat (or maybe potatoes) and extra sauce so that there's enough for the meat.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:59 pm
Yes I'll try that and see how it comes out. Thanks for your help!

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 12:52 pm
I made the London Broil with barbecue sauce, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and potatoes. It's now in the crockpot. Hopefully it will come out good. Thanks for your suggestions.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 12:55 pm
I like the sauce with rice!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 5:01 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I like the sauce with rice!

I also like the sauce with rice! But I like to pour the sauce over plain cooked rice.
Cooking the rice IN barbeque sauce for hours in the crockpot would be too strong.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 23 2009, 5:25 pm
I also wouldn't cook the rice in with the london broil, there's too much room for error.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 7:26 am
ra_mom wrote:
Place the meat in the crock. Top with cut up veggies. (Onions and tomatoes are great... And use your peppers.)
For every 1 lb. of meat, use 1/2 cup barbeque sauce mixed with 2 tsp Italian seasoning spice (optional.)
Once done, remove steak from crockpot and shred it with a fork, or cut it across the grain into thin strips.
Return the shredds to the crockpot and stir gently to evenly coat the meat with the sauce.
Spoon the meat over halved buns. (Each half eaten separately, open. Not necessarily as sandwiches.)

Ra_Mom, I made this last week, and it came out delicious! The only thing was it was a little bit watery. I did cover the potatoes and meat with water. How much water do you usually put in? Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:41 am
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Ra_Mom, I made this last week, and it came out delicious! The only thing was it was a little bit watery. I did cover the potatoes and meat with water. How much water do you usually put in? Thanks!

I don't use any water. The crockpot retains water, so as long as there is sauce, there is no need for any other liquid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics