Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Uppa baby vista

amother

Post Fri, Dec 26 2008, 11:28 am
anyone have it? I really like the 2009 model, just dont love the colors it comes in, but I guess I can deal with it if everything else about it is good... is it a good stroller for someone who isnt much of a walker (im more in and out of the car)? any other reccomendations? love the look of the bugaboo chameleon, just have heard so many times that it isnt for someone who uses their car all the time

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 11:47 am
A friend of mine has one and she loves it! Her son is 18 months old now and she's been using it since he was born. She does not use it for in and out of the car. It's used for nice long city walks and local daily errands. She has a Maclaren that she uses for the car.

normama

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 11:57 am
a nice feature is that if you have a bunch of kids in a row, it has a doubles seat like phil and teds that an older kid can sit in and rid of board that an even bigger kid can stand on. so it's almost a tripple stroller!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2008, 12:08 pm
thanks for the replies, I guess my biggest concern is still if ill be able to manage in and out of the car

JMto2

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 11:00 pm
I have the 2008 and I love it but its not great for the car at all.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 11:15 pm
Different amother...I am also considering this stroller. I assumed that because u can fold it with the seat attached it wouldn't be bad for the car. what about it makes it not good for the car? what do u love about it?

JMto2

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 11:22 pm
I love it because it pushes great has a big basket for bags is not that heavy to go into a car occassionally with it its great but not for all the time. I think it is bad for a car stroller verses a foldable travel stroller is that its heavy to put in and out it does not fold very compact if you put it into the trunk you probably will not have room for anything else in there. Also with the bassinet it is not compact. I loved the bassinet part when the baby was a newborn and I used it all the time in the house.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:21 pm
OP here, im looking at the uppa baby vista, which now also comes in a silver color

http://strollermama.com/uppa-b.....r.htm

wat does everyone think of it? I want a color that can be used for a boy or girl

chaylizi

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:22 pm
would it be preferable to a double stroller (with the rumble seat)? or is the bulk the same?

orchidmom

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:
love the look of the bugaboo chameleon, just have heard so many times that it isnt for someone who uses their car all the time

I have and was also constantly in and out of cars, but it was fine.
I think most first carriages have some sort of assembly procedure to go thru when putting in the car.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:29 pm
I know a few people with uppa baby strollers and they all love it.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 10:39 pm
Is the bumper bar removable in the 2009 model? what colors do u recommend?

Younger Me

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 11:37 am
I have the 2007 model. I absolutely LOVE it. it's an "all-in-one" stroller. I got the car seat adaptor, so it's also a snap-and-go.
it is a big balky, but I have a minivan, so it's not a issue for me, I still have plenty of room in my trunk.
btw, I also happen to sell strollers (uppa baby included). pm me for details.

amother

Post Sun, May 03 2009, 1:42 pm
I posted this in another thread too but I would like as much info as possible as it is a big purchase. I just came home from looking at the uppababy vista in person and was very impressed. However, I put my 2.5 year old in it (he weighs 26 pounds, not tall at all) and it looks like he filled up the seat and his head was almost htting the canopy. For those who have the uppababy- what is your experience with this? Can an older child fit in it?Do they look silly when you lay them back?

bbmom

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 4:24 pm
I have it and love it.

It can only fold with the seat attached if the seat is forward facing.

To be vey honest this is not the stroller for you if you're mainly in and out of the car (unless you have a lot of trunk space to lose). The stroller is wide and bulky, takes up a lot of space in the car and is heavy to lift. Whenever I put the stroller into the trunk of the car I can hardly put anything else in.

The rumble seat feature is a plus - for $129.99 you can turn you're expensive/luxury stroller into a double instead of saying goodbye to it when dc #2 comes along. In my opinion they did a better job with the rumble seat than Phil and Teds did, the back seat is pretty high up and is away from the wheels. I can't imagine (kikavu) that it's any less bulky than a reg double because the stroller itself is very bulky. The biggest problem with the rumbleseat is that it was only released 4 days ago so there isn't any customer feedback about it yet.

Check it out here http://uppababy.com/products/p.....id=91

In any case - great stroller? Yes. Good for the car - absolutely not.

shmaichul

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 5:29 pm
I actually dont find it so hard for the car. It folds in one piece (not with the bassinet tho) and its really not such a big deal. Its definatly not like an umbrella, it is big but manageable!

bbmom

Post Mon, May 04 2009, 5:57 pm
It's not any "worse" for the car then any other "luxury" stroller but it's not necessarily better. Like I said before - it only folds with the seat attached if the seat is forward facing - that means that if your child is facing you (rear facing) then you have to take the seat off just like all the others (bugaboo etc).

Obviously if you have a minivan and ample trunk space it's not a big deal but if you drive a small car you won't be able to fit much else in with the stroller.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 10:37 am
I have a question for anyone who has this stroller and uses it as a double with the rumble seat.
Can the older child see out of the rumble seat and look around as it is out for walk or is the view really limited?
Can the rumble seat be attached to the stroller with a bassinet as well?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics