Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Setts (p-3 provider) in a public school ?

lady

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 11:28 am
Does anyone know if it's possible to get benefits if I would be a p-3 provider in a public school? Also, how do I go about gettinjg such a job? My problem is that I don't want to be a classroom teacher, I only want to work one on one or in small groups, and since my husbuand is unemployed I need the benefits. Any ideas or information on any of these points, would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

avimom

Post Fri, Jan 01 2010, 11:38 am
SETSS (special education teacher support services) is not a P3 provider in a public school!!! P3s are fer students in private schools who get special services. A SETSS teacher is a regular public school teacher who does pull-out. You can apply to schools but have no say basically where they put you- whether in a classroom or as a SETSS pull-out teacher. However, I wish you luck. As a public school teacher, in any public school where I've been in, pull out positions are coveted and given to the teachers with the most pull. I highly doubt you can apply to a school and just get a pull-out position. If you need the benefits and have a degree, why don't you apply for a full time agency job doing SEIT or EI? Full time they give benefits, and you can ask for center based.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics