Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Gift for group babysitter

amother

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 9:53 pm
Are you supposed to give a chanukah gift to a babysitter that babysits a large group of children in her house?

levial

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 3:53 pm
I don't know about "supposed to's" but it all depends on how much you like someone, how long your kids or future siblings will be by this person. So, if you like her and want to put that extra something...yes. If you like her and plan for your little one to be there a few years...or other children to be sent by her...yes. If you have 6 months then your kid is going elsewhere, perhaps not.

I also tried to organize a $5 donation to amount to a larger gift card, that worked well except I had two people not contribute who said they would, so I wound up spending $15 instead of $5...but I will ask them again in a few weeks, assuming everyone's tight.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Jan 02 2010, 7:14 pm
I send my son to a babysitter that usually watches 2-4 children at a time. I usually bake something for her for Rosh Hashana and give her a platter with it. For Chanuka I have gotten her nice cookbooks or a years subscription to "Cooking Light" or "Everyday Food." I also either buy or make her a cheesecake for Shavuot/end of the school year gift. I do not know if the other parents give her any gifts but I like to do something for her as a token of my appreciation for watching my son and helping me out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics