Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Dribbling

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 1:43 pm
My nearly four year old son dribbles the whole time. Does anyone else have this problem? He alsways used to dribble worse than what he does now, but my Health Visitor told me that by the age of 3 he should have finished. But he has not. His jumper is constantly wet at the front. When he comes out of the bath and I've dried him within a few minutes it is as if he had never been dried. Advice needed. He is a very clever boy B"H, full of life and never keeps still a normal active nearly 4 year old.

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 2:24 pm
One of my sons did that at 4 too it made him unsociable let me tell you since he would drawl on his friends pic etc. With my son the Dr's told me b/c he was a preemie it was lack of muscle tone and they could do something surgically for it. But by age 5 he stopped I jsut used to remind him to swallow etc. Now you would never know b"h Smile
With my twins one at 19mnths is a drawler so I think it has got to do with muscle tone development but I wouldn't be too concerned just check it again with ped. Hatzlacha

m&m

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 9:20 pm
Very Happy

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 12:05 pm
Tefila my son was not born premature he was actually 10 days over. But I did tell him today to swallow what was in his mouth before talking and it worked a bit. I think I'll get back intouch with the Health Visitor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers