Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Questions for editors out there

amother

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:05 pm
how much can you make from freelancing/working at home?

would one make more working in a company / journal / magazine in house?

how does one charge if they are freelancing?

Tova

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:08 pm
Israel or US?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:10 pm
Tova wrote:
Israel or US?
israel.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:12 pm
Some freelancers charge by the word (according to difficulty from proofing up to rewriting). Others charge by the hour.

I think you can earn more by freelancing, but you don't get the advantages/ disadvantages of a salaried job.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:13 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Some freelancers charge by the word (according to difficulty from proofing up to rewriting). Others charge by the hour.

I think you can earn more by freelancing, but you don't get the advantages/ disadvantages of a salaried job.
ok, so can I ask, generally, in a good month, how much could a freelancer make? are we talking in the hundreds of shekels or the thousands of shekels, im wondering about this.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:14 pm
ITA recommended editing rates

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
shalhevet wrote:

ok, so can I ask, generally, in a good month, how much could a freelancer make? are we talking in the hundreds of shekels or the thousands of shekels, im wondering about this.

If you are working a full week (and you have work, of course) most definitely in the thousands.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 07 2010, 3:31 pm
shalhevet wrote:
amother wrote:
shalhevet wrote:

If you are working a full week (and you have work, of course) most definitely in the thousands.
that is very good to hear and thank you for that link. that was also very helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics