Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Party at home?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 6:25 am
My dd's 5th birthday is coming up. We usually have family party adn she'll have a little party in school. Do you think its necassary to have one at home also for her school friends? Do I have to invite the whole class or can it only be a few girls and not the boys? what do you think?
at what age is it good to start having parties for friends at home?

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 6:32 am
If your daughter is in a mixed class, IMO, you invite the whole class.

Imagine it's YOU daughter not receiving an invitation.

I think the better question should be 'at what age should we stop having class parties'... aside from a Bat Mitzvah...

Marion

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 6:39 am
I think it's acceptable to invite only ALL the girls or only ALL the boys. More problematic to invite some but not all of either. But if it's going to be the same group of kids in school and at home, what's the advantage to making two parties?

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 6:49 am
marion is right. my kids go to a mixed school and bday parties are either all boys, all girls or everyone in the class. no school parties - everyone has home parties starting from very young. Do the kids in your dd's class have home parties? if so, and she doesn't, she might feel left out.

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 7:05 am
you don't NEED to have a party at home for kids who aare in school. Unless all her ffriends are doing it. Then you wouldn'ty want her to feel dif.
My sister does parties for her kids at home because in their school, everyone does that.
Where DS goes, they don't. So I didn't. He has a party for his friends at school, and a party in the house for the family.
If you davka want to make her a friends party at home but the class seems like too many kids, maybe invite kids that aren't in her class (neighbors who she plays with,)

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 12:21 pm
Some schools forbid parties at school so you have to make one.

If there is already one in school you can also make one for family (what we will be doing for dd). In this party you can invite the closest classmates (or just girls if you think it's better). Where dd goes it seems many don't do anything at home except maybe a nice meal. Some attend the class birthday, some don't even.

I wouldn't be annoyed if dd didn't receive an invite for a party unless the whole class was invited or the child was a close friend. That's life. And she's only in a class with 8 other kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers