Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Whole wheat bread fattening???

amother

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 12:16 pm
is whole wheat bread bad for a diet??im new at this whole diet thing!!!

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 12:26 pm
Sometimes it's hard to tell which is fake whole wheat bread and which is real whole wheat bread. Oftentimes, you think you're being healthful because you're eating whole wheat bread, but when you look at the ingredients it's white bread, or half and half, with brown ingredients such as syrup or molasses to make it a pretty color.

Always read the ingredients to make sure that what you're getting is real whole wheat bread, and not bread that's brown.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 12:27 pm
You need a plan, Amother. Not just calories or fat. You need certain nutrients.

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 12:30 pm
I lost 62 pounds with just controlling portion sizes and keeping track of calories.

mama mia 123

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 12:43 pm
chocoholic 62 pounds wooooowwwww were u on weight watchers or somethin?

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 12:46 pm
mama mia 123 wrote:
chocoholic 62 pounds wooooowwwww were u on weight watchers or somethin?

No, I just controlled portions and made a mental cheshbon of calories every single day (except chagim and shabbos), made sure drank enough water, no more regular soda just diet stuff.

The keyword: patience.

It took me a year.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 12:52 pm
My sister lost 100 lbs several times. Now that she's close to 50 years old, it took her a year to lose significantly less. She did Diet Ceter and Weight Watchers.

I lost 26 lbs in 5 mos using the Food Pyramid as a guide.

Love My Babes

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 1:05 pm
yes there are lots of whole wheat breads that are fattening, cuz they have extra sweetners or fats to make them taste better. if u look at the ingrediants or calories of some whole wheats ull be very surprised. some whole wheat bread is made with margerine!

geemum

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 1:26 pm
According to Weight Watchers, whole wheat bread is the same calories as white bread (but less filling, so they recommend it)

Love My Babes

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 1:30 pm
geemum wrote:
According to Weight Watchers, whole wheat bread is the same calories as white bread (but less filling, so they recommend it)
I was on weight watchers. it depends on the exact kind of bread, because they all have different calorie amounts. whole wheat is definitely healthier if its not filled up with junk to make it taste better, but when on a calorie counting diet, it doesnt always matter whats in the food u eat. as long as u are watching calories and following the guidelines of getting in certain things they see important to you on a daily basis, its fine to eat either one. there are some whole wheats that are really low in calories.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise