Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Home from camp

AweSumThenSum

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 5:43 pm
ok, so my daughter made it home from camp in one piece, b"h. and all her luggage made it home too, so that's a good start. well, that's as good as it got cuz when I opened the luggage I realized that some things were suspiciously absent (I.e. one boot, which rendered its counterpart useless; the negel vasser set, etc..) thinking on the bright side, I figured that the more things missing, the less I'd haveto unpack, rite? anyway, I finally sorted out the washables from the other items (I was gonna say perishables but then again, everything in those suitcases looked like they were way past their useful lives), and then I was faced w/ the task of sorting the mound of laundry into color schemes (dark, colored, white, towels, etc...) I dont remember the exact height of the mound, but I do recall that, after climbing up, down, and all around it, I was as sore the next day as if I wouldve gone to an intense aerobics step class. and that's when the real fun began. I searched (in vain) for the white stuff (underwear, t-shirts, etc...) and I couldnt find any!! the closest I got was a fuzzy shade of light grey. anyway, I knew I was in trouble when the laundry moved as if it had a life of its own and I couldnt find the "camp" setting on my washing machine. by the time I was washing the 3rd load, my washing machine actually groaned when I loaded it.
oh, and I was waiting for a bill from the camp cuz my daughter brought home ALL their mud. what w/ her clothing, boot and bottom of the luggage caked in mud, I assume the camp had nothing left.
and if u think I exaggerate, feel free to verify by comparing my experience w/ your own or your friends who have kids in camp.
but u know what? I'll b doing it all again very soon cuz the fun time she had in camp makes it all worthwhile.

Motek

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 5:55 pm
you Kayla Kochleffel in disguise? Wink

AweSumThenSum

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 6:20 pm
kayla kuchleffel has NOTHING on me and my life!! trust me, I can regale w/ stories, some funny and some not so funny, but all w/ a humorous twist. gimme some time, I'll write some of the gems in my collection.

Yael

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 3:21 pm
LOL!!!
Very Happy

hadasa

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 5:04 pm
Sounds very familiar. LOL

Motek

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 7:06 pm
Quote:
I'll write some of the gems in my collection.

please do! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics