Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I eat too much but I'm not overweight

amother

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 1:39 pm
so is it a problem? I eat all day long and just snack on whatever's around. I wish I had a drop of self control but because BH I dont get (very) fat I just don't stop eating. It feels like I shouldnt be doing this but on the other hand:why not?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 1:41 pm
Because you might not see it or feel it but it's not very good for your body. Try to eat healthy stuff and allow yourself just some snack throughout the day.If it's too hard, get stuff that tempt you the most out of the house.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 1:45 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Because you might not see it or feel it but it's not very good for your body. Try to eat healthy stuff and allow yourself just some snack throughout the day.If it's too hard, get stuff that tempt you the most out of the house.

So someone who looks slim and not unhealthy could really have a 'bad' body?

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 2:09 pm
I used to be exactly like that. when I got pregnant I put on lots of weight and since I was not used to watching what I ate, have a very hard time losing it.

I know a very skinny woman who had a heart attack, so yes, not all thin people are healthy.

(could be you are walking or moving a lot so thats why you don't gain. also maybe you are eating small portions. Make a food diary and add up the calories. maybe what you think is a lot is not overdoing it.)

louche

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

So someone who looks slim and not unhealthy could really have a 'bad' body?

Yes.
There used to be an ad for a vitamin-enriched cereal that said "Having a great shape doesn't mean you're in great shape."
That being said: if you're not overweight, you're not eating too much in terms of calories. If you're eating mostly junk food, though, you're probably eating too much in terms of fat, sat fat, salt, sugar and chemicals and not enough in terms of fiber, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. You can have a perfect figure and have bones that look like lace and arteries clogged enough to make Main Street in rush hour look deserted.

Butterscoth

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 3:23 pm
Lucky you that you do not gain weight from eating.....

mue2

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 5:21 pm
I saw a program once about a 25 year old women who was skinny but ate junk and really ate all the wrong things (smoked too) they did tests on her and she had the body equivalent to like a 65 year old. she wasnt getting fat from the food but it was affecting her skin, her organs etc. and they warned her it could have some very serious consequenses later.....

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 5:48 pm
I keep telling dh that I am much healthier then him even though he is skinnier then me. He sometimes eats his first meal at four pm, his last meal after midnight, and the most he exercizes is 10 seconds on the eliptical or a three block walk to shul on shabbos. I eat more them him, weight more them him, do 30 minutes of exercize daily, eat healthy, and feel great. You can't see the inside of your body.

GoodEnough

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 5:50 pm
mue2 wrote:
I saw a program once about a 25 year old women who was skinny but ate junk and really ate all the wrong things (smoked too) they did tests on her and she had the body equivalent to like a 65 year old. she wasnt getting fat from the food but it was affecting her skin, her organs etc. and they warned her it could have some very serious consequenses later.....

I watched that too... shocking program

5S5Sr7z3

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
so is it a problem? I eat all day long and just snack on whatever's around. I wish I had a drop of self control but because BH I dont get (very) fat I just don't stop eating. It feels like I shouldnt be doing this but on the other hand:why not?

Yes, it might be a problem because it might all catch up to you when you're 50..................

Raizle

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:06 pm
Am I the only one who does not think it's a problem if she eats all the time.
She hasn't told us what she is eating so I'd say it all depends.
If you are snacking on carrots, celery sticks, nuts, etc then you sound pretty healthy to me.

It's only a problem is you eat the wrong stuff.
If you are eating because you are hungry then you might just have a fast metabolism.
But if you aren't hungry then you should probably think twice before eating again.

yummydd

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 11:12 pm
Lucky you...........
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise