Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Did your baby sit up or roll over first?

Which milestone did your baby reach first?
Sitting up  
 6%  [ 5 ]
Rolling over  
 93%  [ 74 ]
Total Votes : 79

pobody's nerfect

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 3:28 am
Just curious. You can answer multiple times for different kids.

drumjj

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 3:33 am
rolled over. did ur kid sit up before rolling over. two of mine crawled before they sat up

Seraph

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 3:33 am
Both my babies rolled over front to back at one month old. Back to front shmaya is yet to do at 4 months, but he's gotten really close. Shmaya sits up relatively stable for a few seconds, then falls over, but tries to pull himself into sitting positions from lying down. Uriel sat up himself at 5 months.

Seraph

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 3:36 am
But the real question that begs asking is--- why on earth are you up now?

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 6:02 pm
Do you mean able to stay seated, or able to get into a sitting position?

MommyZ

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 6:14 pm
Rolled over first - baby 1 at 3 months baby 2 at 2 months baby 3 at around 2 weeks or earlier

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 6:27 pm
My babies don't roll over but sit early. Dd sat by 4 months.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 6:35 pm
My boys were both rolling over at around 3 months. They both were able to stay seated at 5-6 months. Transitioning to a sit also around 6 months.
My daughter was able to stay seated at 8 months, transitioned to a sit at 14 months and hasn't really rolled over.

Butterscoth

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 7:14 pm
my kids both rolled over before they sat up

Ronit

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 7:20 pm
Both rolled over first.

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 2:39 pm
One of my kids was walking before he could sit without falling over. All rolled over both ways by the time they were 8 weeks old. None of them sat unassisted before 9 months. Well after they were crawling and standing.

pobody's nerfect

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 3:34 pm
I was referring to sitting unassisted, not to being able to pull up to a sit.
my 3.5 month old is rolling over halfway and seems like he's almost ready to sit... so I wonder which will come first??

faigyl

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 12:42 pm
My baby never really rolled over. He was sitting by 5 monthes though.

louche

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 12:56 pm
GAMZu wrote:

You're an analytical thinker and use precise language. I like that!
Yeah, my kids never to my recollection got up into a sitting position. At some point I thought they "should" be, so I put them into position the way you would arrange a doll, and they didn't topple over.

New moms, not to worry, these so-called milestones are no predictors of how smart or athletic your kid is going to be. They may not have thought to sit up on their own (having too much fun on the floor?) but B"H they all learned to walk, talk, read, ice skate and score high on their SAT's.

shnitzel

Post Fri, Jan 15 2010, 1:16 pm
DD rolled over a couple of times at 2 months but I think that was more a fluke than anything else. She would roll over every couple of weeks after that but was never consistant. She mastered both skills, sitting and rolling over delibarately and consistantly at 6 months.

LiLIsraeli

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 11:35 pm
Mine rolled over a couple of times when he was really little, like 2-3 months, and never did it again. He stayed in a sitting position at about 6 months, and learned to crawl and get into a sitting position together at 10 months.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 11:39 pm
mine stands holding on to stuff but doesnt sit unassisted yet... and doesnt stay seated for long periods yet Wink

GAMZu

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 1:15 am
louche wrote:
GAMZu wrote:

You're an analytical thinker and use precise language. I like that!
Yeah, my kids never to my recollection got up into a sitting position. At some point I thought they "should" be, so I put them into position the way you would arrange a doll, and they didn't topple over.

New moms, not to worry, these so-called milestones are no predictors of how smart or athletic your kid is going to be. They may not have thought to sit up on their own (having too much fun on the floor?) but B"H they all learned to walk, talk, read, ice skate and score high on their SAT's.

Aw, louche, a compliment from you is something to print and save. Wink
Unfortunately, when you have a special needs kid, you learn there are big differences in all the nuances, including whether the knees are bent when sitting or not and in which direction.
Which also means that the last part of your post isn't always true.

Health is a Virture

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 2:21 am
my first crawled before doing any of those things. He could crawl, and actually cruise before he learned to sit. he would get into sitting position, out of sitting position, but just couldn't sit. turning over, definitely happened after he learned to crawl but don't remember when.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics