Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Should I miss work for an oot chasuna?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:00 pm
I am a long term substitute. My cousin is getting married this week out of town. because I am in between subbing jobs and my husband really wants to go to the chasuna, we decided to go. I just found out that the teacher I will be subbing for had a baby already (a little early) so I can technically start the next substitute job tomorrow. they know I'm going away so I can go anyway but I will lose out on two days of work which would mean money that I desperately need. however, my husband will probably be very dissapointed to miss out on this trip. he was really looking forward and we made this decision after much debate. now we are both excited to go. should we cancel?

happy chick

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:08 pm
no, dont cancel. its a simcha. there are so many tragedies these days, when theres a simcha, ya gotta go.

interestedbrooklyn

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:10 pm
I think that since you already made the decision to go and your husband will be very disappointed if you don't go you should go. Think of it this way - you didn't think you would have those two days pay anyway. Enjoy the time away!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:14 pm
you too are so right and I want to think that way also.

but lets add this into the eqation. we have credit card bills waiting to be paid up.

tovarena

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:22 pm
Only you know your family and financial situation to know if it's a good idea to forgo the extra pay. If you decide to stay and work, could DH maybe still go on to the chasuna on his own?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 10:49 pm
she says it's her cousin, but I also think that dh going on his own is a good idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics