Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Finding a nanny online

soldat

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 4:21 pm
So I need to find a new nanny. I found the last one by putting an old fashioned ad in the paper, but I’m thinking that this time I’ll need to look on line. Has anyone had any success with this before? Any specific websites you’ve tried? If you’ve done craigslist, what section is the best to post under? Any other general tips?
TIA

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 4:22 pm
I used sittercity.com in the past. Just be ready to be bombarded by people applying as the economy is bad and a lot of people are looking for a job.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 5:52 pm
I've used both an online bulletin board (probably not relevant as it's mostly for UK listings) and a magazine popular among nannies/housekeepers. I definitely got more response online but greater % from someone not qualified/too young/not even in the country (lots of backpacker types).

Either way, you have to interview, check their background and referrals thoroughly.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 5:55 pm
I used sittercity and found someone great. of course as Mrs. Bissli said you still have to interview, check references etc. This just replaced the ad in the paper part. I tried craigslist and found someone there too but also got lots of junk mail and answers from people who were totally not qualified. A site like sitter city where you pay to post has more serious applicants.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 9:33 pm
I've had TERRRRIIIIFIC luck through Craigslist! I've only hired very part time (2-4 hours a day or two per week at a time) --- and have gotten college students mostly, willing to take as little as $8 an hour. I've paid between $8 and $12 an hour.

I've hired six long term (2 months or more) part time babysitters via craigslist and have been happy with ALL of them!

post under child care and be very specific about where you live--- I got a lot of goofballs saying they had no transportation and lived an hour away. In general, I got to the interview stage with people who lived very closeby or who had reliable transportation.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 20 2010, 4:15 pm
I put an ad and had mainly answers from students, some totally off, some okay. I even had an ex actress who had to make a living properly now!! LOL
She was very nice but not cut for the job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics